1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

IP Webcam remote security - TPLink Router

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Hutchcove, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Hutchcove

Hutchcove Lurker

Hi all, I hope I can explain this correctly:

I have a Samsung Tab S and a Motorola smart phone. I have installed IP Webcam on both devices and have access to them via LAN and remotely via the router (virtual server).

What I'm having a hard time understanding and doing is making sure I get some type of security on the remote access.

Currently, I opened the necessary ports on the router to have access to the tabs but it does not ask for a password. At this point, as long as someone got their hands on my public IP & just added the port numbers - they would gain access. I would like to lock that down. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do that?

I would like remote access for when my wife and I leave the house and we want to keep an eye on the babysitter and our daugthers.

Thank you in advance and have a great weekend.

Hutchcove

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I've read alot of the app reviews and not the greatest out there...
    Seriously, I'd spend 140 dollars on a decent security system. I use "Blink" by Amazon, comes with 2 wireless cameras and works amazing. There's no monthly fee, and Blink has an android app you can install on as many devices as you like....

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, that does NOT sound very secure at all, especially if you have minors.

Suggest you ditch this whatever it is "IP Webcam", and find another app or device that does have proper security built-in. with at least a password to access it. Can't suggest anything in particular, as it's something I've never used.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Yes, plus the Blink system is setup with a username and password with 2 step verification

mikedt likes this.
  5. Hutchcove

Hutchcove Lurker

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated. After further verification of the app settings- ginally found UN and PW setup.

Not that bad. I will attempt Droid Cam as well.

Thanks again

IP Webcam

IP Webcam Forum

com.pas.webcam

IP Webcam turns your phone into a network camera with multiple viewing options. View your camera on any platform with VLC player or web browser. Stream video inside WiFi network without internet access. Optional Ivideon cloud broadcasting is supported for instant global access. Two-way audio supported in tinyCam Monitor on another android device. Use IP Webcam with third-party MJPG software, including video surveillance software, security monitors and most audio players. Features include: • Video upload to Dropbox, SFTP, FTP and Email using Filoader plugin • Several web renderers to choose from: Flash, Javascript or built-in • Video recording in WebM, MOV, MKV or MPEG4 (on Android 4.1+) • Audio streaming in wav, opus and AAC (AAC requires Android 4.1+) • Motion detection with sound trigger, Tasker integration. • Date, time and battery level video overlay. • Sensor data acquisition with online web graphing. • Videochat support (video stream only for Windows and Linux via an universal MJPEG video streaming driver) • Cloud push notifications on motion and sound, cloud recording for motion-triggered records, online video broadcasting powered by Ivideon. • Extensive baby and pet monitor features: night vision, motion detection, sound detection. Lite version is supported with unobtrusive ads. It's fully functional, but lacks Tasker integration, customizable user interface (only editor is present) and has a watermark over recorded videos. Email me if you have questions after reading the FAQ.

READ MORE
March 2, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
10M+
Installs