1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

IP Webcam

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jonsaddles, Apr 29, 2012.

1. jonsaddles

jonsaddles Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Hi all,
    Hope someone here can help.
    I've been trying to set up my phone (HTC Sensation XE) with one of the many ip webcam app's that are available with out any luck.
    I have tried several of them but every time when I try to view the feed in a browser window I just get a "can not connect error".
    PC is win7 64bit laptop, browser is chrome, phone has Android ICS update.
    The only one that did work required an app running on the viewing pc so not very portable & that froze after a couple of mins.
    I remember using one of these some time back but on a different phone, any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Jon

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I think that you'll have better luck in the Applications forum, so I've moved your question here. :)

3. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2009
    It's not easy. Basically it's a two step process.

1. Get the camera working on your home network so that you can see it and adjust it's setup from your browser using it's local IP address (mines http://192.168.0.102:81).

2.Once that's working, that is to say you can see the feed on your desktop, in order to see it on your phone or from somebody elses computer, you need to get an ip forwarding address (DDNS mine's Managed DNS | Outsourced DNS | Anycast DNS ).