• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ipad 2......no thanks

As anticipated, the Ipad 2 is no competition for the xoom. Spec bump is ok, but they still have that crappy formm factor.

I'll admit I was on the fence about the Xoom, but I'm not really impressed by the iPad 2. The coolest thing they introduced was a cover. Honeycomb is such a better OS than iOS. Hell even the playbook and WebOs are better. iOs is just boring.

Upvote 0
Overall, it is a better product. The specs are almost identical to the xoom. But it has a far better price and will actually be functional out of the box. You won't have to wait a month or two for flash and you don't have to wait for the tablet ready apps. Ipad 2 is a better product. Sorry

You'll be waiting alot longer for flash than a month or two ;)

edit: damn beat me to it.

Upvote 0
Overall, it is a better product. The specs are almost identical to the xoom. But it has a far better price and will actually be functional out of the box. You won't have to wait a month or two for flash and you don't have to wait for the tablet ready apps. Ipad 2 is a better product. Sorry

if you had the original iPad, what about the iPad 2 would make you upgrade? Really the best thing about the iPad ecosystem is the developer support and iTunes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones