• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iphone 3gs to EVO

Mikey P

Jul 22, 2010
GOOSE CREEK, SC
I had it all planned out, I was going to show up at my AT&T store at midnight and stay overnight to get the new iphone 4. About an hour before I got off work I called the store again to verify they would be getting the new iphone and to my surprise this time, they told me that they would not get the iphone unless you preordered it. This was the final straw for me. Yeah they would probably get it the following Tuesday, but this really got me thinking if I should get it. I have had every iphone that came out and was in love with the product. I never had any problems with AT&T so that wasn't an issue, but for some reason I had it in my head to start looking to see what was out there and I am very happy I did. My buddy has an Incredible so that was where I started, but I didn't like the Verizon plans so I checked out Sprint. They had basically the same plan I had on AT&T but I could get unlimited texting. When I saw the EVO, I knew this was the phone for me. I did coincidentally see the commercial for the droid X at the same time, but after looking at it online, the EVO seemed sexier. I picked up my EVO that night and have never looked back. The battery is not as bad as a lot of people have reported. I can usually get a full day out of mine and that is all I can ask for. The ONLY thing I don't like is how much the camera sticks out on the back. I don't really want to get a case, but looks like I will have to so I don't damage the camera. I have become a 100% supporter of Android after talking bad about it all those years I had the iphone. Can't wait for froyo on my EVO just to make it that much better. Thanks Android, you've made a believer out of me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones