1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support iPhone 3GS to Galaxy SII?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CZ Eddie, Aug 25, 2011.

1. CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    IT
    Austin, TX
    I'm going from an iPhone 3GS to a Galaxy SII when they are released at AT&T next week (hopefully).

What should I do to transfer all my contacts? Is there anything else that can be transferred also, like apps of any kind?

I'll be new to the Android world.

Advertisement

2. MKJ5000

MKJ5000 Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    I don't remember it exactly, but you connect your iphone to itunes, select the phone, one of the tabs now allows you to synch contacts to your google account. I had to try a couple of times before it worked.

When you start your new android for the first time you'll be asked for your google account, and off to your new phone the contacts go.

3. runebinder

runebinder Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    Nottingham UK
    Just made the switch from a 3GS to a SII myself, found this article very useful:

Guide: Switching from iPhone to Android

Sync you contacts via iTunes, and use that program (or Address book if you're using a Mac), to sync the contacts with Google. As soon as I set up the SII with my Google account it downloaded all my contacts.

Also if you have specific playlists in iTunes that you want to carry over, get the Double Twist desktop client. I have a 10GB playlist of all my favourite songs I just put on random (can never decide what I want to listen to lol), and didn't fancy doing it manually. Double Twist worked a treat, and the GUI is very similar to iTunes, so familiar to use.