• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 3GS user about to switch...

Anyone think that our iphone headphones mic buttons will work on the Evo?

i've been googling this all day! from what i can tell it works to play, pause, and skip forward but cannot skip backward or use the volume controls.

this is probably something software related though? maybe froyo will allow for more headphone button clicking capabilities.

Upvote 0
i don't yet have an android but i hear the sense music player isn't bad... the iphone definitely still wins but like people mentioned there are third party options!

check out 3... or cubed... i'm not sure what it's called. it's visually really interesting! i can't wait to show it off to my iphone owning friends.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Mm-ezu7AE5s

holy crap thats freakin awesome! I love this phone!!!

Upvote 0
This is what I need for my wife. She's not at all techi and is already freaking out about learning a new phone (we don't have our EVO's yet). She is finally pretty comfortable with her iPhone, but that is all about to change. Is anyone using this app with success?

The HTC Sense music player is ok, but definitely not as good as the iPhones interface. However the nice thing about Android is that you have the option to download third party substitutes. Check out this player called Btunes:

YouTube - bTunes - iPod Touch and iPhone like music player for Android running on Google Nexus One

It basically is a copy of the iPhone ipod user interface. I know I will most likely be using it when I get my Evo!

Upvote 0
Evo+Pandora+Napster+Tunebite+Grooveshark = never look at or waste money with iTunes again. I can't stand the way iTunes works and how you have to sync to one computer, crappy DRM, blah blah blah. Forget all that, put what you want on when you want it and in your own way across whatever computers you want. Apple can eat it.:D

Upvote 0
What's good people!

One of the things I'm most interested in is Androids music interface. How is it? Is it as good as the iPod on the iPhone? This is really important to me because I have thousands of songs on my iPhone and listen to them all the time and it works flawlessly.

So, what can I expect?

Androids music interface is only ok, the iPhone's is better. Also getting album art is easier through the iPhone.

The advantage of Android is the music widget, but overall I like how the iPhone handles music better.

If you're moving over to Android I would say the biggest differences would be:

Sprint having a better network
Cheaper
Android is laggy
Android Marketplace not as robust

Alot of Android users will talk up their devices, but I only offer you the truth as nothing sucks worse then transitioning to a new platform and having it turn out not what you expected.

Upvote 0
i don't yet have an android but i hear the sense music player isn't bad... the iphone definitely still wins but like people mentioned there are third party options!

check out 3... or cubed... i'm not sure what it's called. it's visually really interesting! i can't wait to show it off to my iphone owning friends.

thanks!!!! that looks great!
I am trying it out now...
it is currently searching my music files and finding the album art the missing ones online! :D working on 280 albums!!

Upvote 0

Wow, that cube is the hotness.

I like how it handles album art in a cube, I'm not sure about the rest of the menu though. I'm gonna try it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones