• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 4: AT&T isn't the only thing stopping people from making calls

funny thing watching tv and no commercials about the new iphone release.

for all bashing the new iphone gltches. remember when the droid first came out and look at its first release problems. the phone still has problems. like all phones has them. nothings perfect not even droid.

Upvote 0
Although I dont want to stir any wars or flame notions.....

Does anyone else think that the flux of all the new "high end" Android devices (EVO, Droid X & 2, Samsung Galaxy) forced Apple to get the iPhone 4 out prematurely without rigorous tests that they might have normally done?

I mean touchscreen problems can be a software issue....but reception problems??? That for once arent AT&T's issue? That is something that should never made it out of testing stages.

Upvote 0
That's why you also have to have the iGlove.... it insulates your hand so you don't loose reception. :D

Attachments

• iGlove.jpg
    iGlove.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
I'm glad to have an EVO after reading complaints about the new iPhone4. They're complaining about dropped calls, poor reception, battery life, and multi-tasking, lol. For those that are complaining about the EVO, read the Apple forums and be happy you aren't them.

Here is a thread about them complaining about multi-tasking killing battery life. Wow.

Voluntary Multi-tasking? Battery DRAINS. - Mac Forums

Upvote 0
Although I dont want to stir any wars or flame notions.....

Does anyone else think that the flux of all the new "high end" Android devices (EVO, Droid X & 2, Samsung Galaxy) forced Apple to get the iPhone 4 prematurely without rigorous tests that they might have normally done?

I mean touchscreen problems can be a software issue....but reception problems??? That for once are AT&T's issue? That is something that should never made it out of testing stages.

The Iphone always had and always will have reception problems..

Upvote 0
I'm glad to have an EVO after reading complaints about the new iPhone4. They're complaining about dropped calls, poor reception, battery life, and multi-tasking, lol. For those that are complaining about the EVO, read the Apple forums and be happy you aren't them.

Here is a thread about them complaining about multi-tasking killing battery life. Wow.

Voluntary Multi-tasking? Battery DRAINS. - Mac Forums

I thought iPown4 was supposed to have 40 hrs battery life? lol

Upvote 0
I've read a few places that it's some sort of software bug...

Need I remind everyone here of how, for a month, the Droid camera focus worked in batches of 12.5 days XD

For as much of a Droid fan as I am, I just don't see Apple as making as big of a mistake as their new antenna type so easily being foiled. I find it much more likely that it's either a bug or, as I saw on one site, a batch of phones that went out without some protective coating on the outside antenna.

Reactions: Polymira
Upvote 0
All handsets will have their initial problems, even under the strict quality control blanket of Apple.

No reason being smug about it. The Evo isn't without its fair share of issues.

I agree. But most, if not all of the EVO problems can be fixed if they want to.. The IPhone reception problem will not go away or get fixed.

Having a phone that does not work well as a phone is quite ironic.. Then they made the issue worst by adding multi-tasking to appease the masses.

Upvote 0

Yea but this isnt just an iPhone?AT&T bad signal issue.....we are talking about actually holding the phone (probably due to the exterior radios) actually kills a signal.

That does not sound like any software issue, sounds like whoever came up with that design might be fired soon.

Upvote 0
For those that are complaining about the EVO, read the Apple forums and be happy you aren't them.

I'll pass. They don't deserve my time nor my website hits.

It's not the iphone. I moved to the Evo from AT&T non iphone and couldn't get crap for coverage and had many dropped calls.

Upvote 0
I have to say that I am not happy to see iPhone users have problems. I think as long as smart phones keep getting released with issues, we all lose. I would much rather see all smartphone users unite to force the manufacturers to meet stricter guidelines. I don't see how iPhones having worse problems (that comes down to opinion) than the Evo makes it a win for the Evo. I really don't enjoy owning something that sucks less. Plus if the iPhone or any phone for that matter got released without major issue, that might actually force other manufacturers to step up their game.
And I really don't mean to start any flame war with this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones