• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone 4 battery makes me sad :(

makewayhomer

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
10 hours of surfing via wifi, with a screen/resolution/CPU processor comparable or better than the DINC's

that is probably 4 or 5 times better than the DINC. if I surf non-stop, I MIGHT get 2 hours of web surfing

sigh

that is really the ony thing about the Incredible that sucks: the battery. even the extended use battery I got isn't close to the Iphone

wiretap and makewayhomer,

Since you folks are relatively new here, I'd like to explain that bickering is one the things that is taken very seriously here. Consider this a warning to stop before action is taken by the MODs. You don't want that. As it stands I'm going to request your tit for tat be deleted.

Let's all get along.. We are free to express personal opinions. We are not free to shun others for expressing their feelings about their phones, if we don't agree with them.

Upvote 0
Let's be honest, the iphone's battery NOW puts the droid inc battery to shame. That's the one thing people with iphones ask and I answer honestly. Yes, your battery is better.

Yeah but we can replace the battery. If you even try to do that with the Iphone they will come and kindap you in your sleep and put you in I-Jail.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
wiretap and makewayhomer,

Since you folks are relatively new here, I'd like to explain bickering is one the things that is taken very seriously here. Consider this a warning to stop before action is taken by the MODS is taken. You don't want that. As it stands I'm going to request your tit for tat be deleted.

Let's all get along.. We are free to express personal opinions. We are not free to shun others for expressing their feelings about their phones, if we don't agree with them.

that sounds great, but was my post out of line?

Upvote 0
Apple's battery life claims are usually BS.

I mean, it's really easy to test, I have done this.

charge your Ipod/iPhone to full, start playing music or video, get results. I have done this. I have found Apple claims to be very accurate.

have you done this?

Besides, you can easily beat that if you have an extended battery and are smart about it. And if your extended runs out, grab another battery and pop it in there. Let's see that on an iPhone.

I have the Seido. it increased my time by 30%. Iphone 4 battery is still at least 300% as good. 300%!!! thats a lot.

Upvote 0
I mean, it's really easy to test, I have done this.

charge your Ipod/iPhone to full, start playing music or video, get results. I have done this. I have found Apple claims to be very accurate.

have you done this?
I will have to say, in terms of testing an iPhone, that is quite unscientific if that is how you did so. Again, I state that there are alot of factors that come into play in terms of battery life. I will give you two simple elements: heat and radio signal. How "accurate" a rating is, is so ambiguous that they tend not to give a full representation of battery life.

Upvote 0
I will have to say, in terms of testing an iPhone, that is quite unscientific if that is how you did so. Again, I state that there are alot of factors that come into play in terms of battery life. I will give you two simple elements: heat and radio signal. How "accurate" a rating is, is so ambiguous that they tend not to give a full representation of battery life.

thats not how I tested an Iphone - it is how I tested an Ipod 30g Video and an Ipod Touch. so there were no radio issues.

for my old Iphone, I could tell you that their video claims were also extremely close to as stated. I used it watch movies on overseas flights and got what was promised wrt video playback life

in both cases, I got at least as much as the stated claims for Mp3 and video playback.

so when people say "apple lies about their battery claims", my guess is they are just repeating what they have heard from heresay and havent actually tested it themselves. I used to be one of those people, tested it, and found exactly what Apple stated was true

Upvote 0
On a "non-disciplinary"/non-mod note, i'm hating life after today's announcement of iPhone battery life. I'm hoping for a drastic improvement in the Dinc after the first batch of bug fixes from Verizon as was the case with my Droid.

Cheers!
IMO, Froyo will give our batteries a nice boost as they have with the Nexus One.

Upvote 0
When I got my 3G a couple of years ago, I could get nearly two days out of it on a single charge. Even after two years, I could get more than a full day out of it, and I used it as my main car music player, used the browser frequently, and had exchange push mail on it.

With the same usage pattern in the Incredible, I can't go a full day. It's not quite 5 PM right now and my battery is at 40%.

There's no doubt in my mind that HTC skimped on the battery in a bad way. I'm not really upset by it; after all, I paid $149 for my INC while I paid $299 for my 3G. Add the cost of an extended battery and the INC is still less. However, I'm concerned that even an extended battery won't give me the battery life I need, which to me means that I don't have to charge it until I actually go to bed at night.

Upvote 0
IMO, Froyo will give our batteries a nice boost as they have with the Nexus One.

I'm sure you're right, but i'm also hoping for a fix-up OTA update to address the first batch of bugs. Recent apps defaults and loses your actual apps, music player track skip, grounding, FM Tuner problem, bluetooth headset does not remember volume from previous session, etc, etc, etc... Those fixes should be independent of Froyo.

Upvote 0
Gotcha. I cannot comment on the iPods as I've never had any issue with them, however I can say that with the iPhone, it is all over the place, and for the most part very inconsistent with the rated life.

I could see that your signal strength plays a huge role, sure

but Apple is a major company who is very forthcoming about their battery claims. Wifi, video, music, etc. if they were wildly over inflating these, you would think that a major media outlet or someone would have called them out on it by now.

but in all the tests I have seen under controlled conditions, I see their claims as accurate

Upvote 0
Reason the iPhone's battery is better: lack of multitasking.

At work I have eBuddy, Facebook, and Touiteur open at all times, and then will surf/download/text pretty heavily, in an area with a shoddy connection. Today at the end of my day (7am to 3pm) I had about 40% of my battery left. Admittedly I didn't use it QUITE as much as normal, but I was still doing a fair amount of stuff. If I turn off the various social apps, my battery life skyrockets.

And these companies DO overinflate their claims because they test them under very, very controlled circumstances. When they say an mp3 player can get 24 hours of battery life, that's 24 hours at 50% volume of constant playing with the display turned off. So yes, you CAN get the claimed battery life, but not with "normal use".

Honestly it's like expecting to get highway gas mileage in the city.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones