• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone 4 battery makes me sad :(

I owned an iphone 3gs. The battery is better but not head and shoulders better like some have claimed. I think the INC has an acceptable battery. It takes a little tweaking, but I could get a day's worth.

Keep in mind, cdma radio is said to consume more power than gsm radios. Also someone mention that the iphone uses 45nm vs the 65nm, which could also affect battery life.

Honestly, I'm just happy that the incredible doesn't drop every other calls I make.

Upvote 0
The IPS screen in the iPhone 4 comsumes 30% more power than our AMOLED. So think about how many other things it has to cut down on to get the battery life it 'claims' to get.

Also, I have had no problems with my Incredible's battery. I keep my screen brightness at a moderate level unless I'm in the sun. I turn off 3G when it's unnecessary. I use wifi when it's available. I keep GPS off unless I'm running or need directions somewhere. However, I do play music for a few hours each day, send/receive hundreds of texts, send/receive some emails, surf the internet for a few hours, and have all my apps/widgets (absolutely NO free space on my home screens) refresh every 30 minutes.

With that said, I have no problem with my battery lasting from 8am-8pm. While that might not be amazing, it is easily sufficient for me. Today, I woke up at 8, did all the stuff claimed above (plus a lot of ShopSavvy use), charged it for 15-20 minutes in the middle of the day, and at 1:45 am, have 26% remaining. This is about the same (if not better) as a friend who has a 3GS.

The battery for the Incredible isn't GREAT. But if you're smart about how you use it, you should be fine. After all, it's a SMART phone. Be smart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones