• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 4 Embarrasses Android, Wins Best Mobile Device At MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
The Wall Street Journal called Android, “the star of the show,” claiming it powered, “every significant device launched at the Mobile World Congress.” This is true. Android was here, Android was there, Android was everywhere – anything worth talking about at MWC 2011 was Android-based. Then the iPhone 4 won “Best Mobile Device” at an [...]

More...

*one=won

Honestly I think the media needs something to love so they stoke flame wars with this stuff. Android is, and will continue, it's rising dominance of the iphone.

Good on HTC though, they deserved some recognition for such nice phones. I used to think Moto would dominate with quality but HTC has shown how catering to the community and quality can go together.

Upvote 0
I don't see how this is embarrassing Android.

HTC was the best device manufacturer (and deservingly won the award). They made so many great devices while Apple only made one.

iPhone 4 may not be my cup of tea but I can see why it won. It is a highly most popular phone worldwide (while HTC's most revolutionary device last year, Evo, was only available in one country). It was the first phone to feature a resolution better than 854x484 and does have the best apps.

Upvote 0
This is more sad PR for an aging device who has lost market share and has a sympathy towards an ailing founder. Sadly, both are in a fight for their lives. Truth be told, iPhone has never dominated...at least in the U.S. - iPhone only had ONE carrier and ONE manufacturer. Its simple math. Android has ALL the carriers worldwide and all the major manufacturers are Android suppliers. What iphone has is a strong community of fanatics... in high places... and they lie... a lot, LOL

Upvote 0
They better get something! Geez. Apple has been around for so darn long that it would be just sad if they didn't get any sort of recognition. I just find it funny that Android came into the picture and took apple by it's (Expletive) So quickly. You'd think if apple was on the ball it wouldn't of been so easy to bust their chops. :D

Android came out only a year after the first iPhone. We aren't talking about apple. We are talking about the iPhone 4 and iOS.

Upvote 0
iphone reminds me of communism. we only have one phone for you to buy. Where as android has so many phones to be tailored to your needs. Wether it be a powerhouse phone or a low end phone. I like more choices when I am looking for a phone. Instead of heres the phone take it or leave it like apple is.

Upvote 0
iphone reminds me of communism. we only have one phone for you to buy. Where as android has so many phones to be tailored to your needs. Wether it be a powerhouse phone or a low end phone. I like more choices when I am looking for a phone. Instead of heres the phone take it or leave it like apple is.

Yep, that's exactly why I love Android. I feel that Apple are complacent and somewhat arrogant not to offer any choice.

Upvote 0
Android came out only a year after the first iPhone. We aren't talking about apple. We are talking about the iPhone 4 and iOS.

The iPhone is the result of years and years of work: the iPod, Mac os X, NEXT, the original mac and the original Apple computer that the Steve's built in their garage.
Google never made an OS before. Android devs came from Danger and Be inc, 2 companies that produced OS's but never really made it. It's remarkable that Android is flourishing and dominating when so many other alternative OS's have tried and failed.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones