1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

iPhone 4 Embarrasses Android, Wins Best Mobile Device At MWC

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Feb 17, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

The Wall Street Journal called Android, “the star of the show,” claiming it powered, “every significant device launched at the Mobile World Congress.” This is true. Android was here, Android was there, Android was everywhere – anything worth talking about at MWC 2011 was Android-based. Then the iPhone 4 won “Best Mobile Device” at an [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. Njcellgeek74

Njcellgeek74 Well-Known Member

It figures. I'm sorry, the iPhone may be a good phone but it is a not 'the best'. I've used a couple of iPhones and neither one was as amazing as they're hyped up to be. The hubby's HD7, now that phone is sick. Lol.

3. MagicMarker

MagicMarker Well-Known Member

Lol. Best phone of 2010, so it probably was the iphone4... not so more with the new android handsets coming out.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

*one=won

Honestly I think the media needs something to love so they stoke flame wars with this stuff. Android is, and will continue, it's rising dominance of the iphone.

Good on HTC though, they deserved some recognition for such nice phones. I used to think Moto would dominate with quality but HTC has shown how catering to the community and quality can go together.

5. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast

psssst phandroid

Iphone4 and all the phones you listed in the article came out in different years I'm pretty sure.

Kinda like getting mad a 2011 movie didn't win an oscar yet...

:facepalm:

6. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

Who cares. I don't.:D

7. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

8. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Congrats to the iPhone 4..

Now, which new Android phone do I want, hmmm...

EgoDogg likes this.
  9. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

Exactly.... It's just meaningless PR drivel. I bet the exhibitors were a little surprised though, fancy not even having to turn up to win such an accolade. I wonder if the MWC want Apple to be on the exhibitor list next year. LOL

10. LoyalServant

I just wonder why my favorite Android news site is posting news about an outdated i-device. :(
    Apple usually wins the battle but loses the war anyway.

Wake me when Apple actually has something worth buying... <yawn>

11. ZINGALOPE

ZINGALOPE Newbie

i will be honest with you guys. i was one of the first one to get the ip4 from verizon. and i think the first one to return it too.when i walked into the store and said i dont like the ip4 everybody was like whaaaaaaat. i said loud and clear ILOVE ANDROID dont care about awards or anything. ANDROID rocks/

12. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Android Expert

I don't see how this is embarrassing Android.

HTC was the best device manufacturer (and deservingly won the award). They made so many great devices while Apple only made one.

iPhone 4 may not be my cup of tea but I can see why it won. It is a highly most popular phone worldwide (while HTC's most revolutionary device last year, Evo, was only available in one country). It was the first phone to feature a resolution better than 854x484 and does have the best apps.

13. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

I don't see why it matters.
    Android is not my child, I'm not sleeping with it, and I don't own any stock in it.

I have an android device, never considered the iphone, and I don't feel the need to defend my choice.

14. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Android Enthusiast

This is more sad PR for an aging device who has lost market share and has a sympathy towards an ailing founder. Sadly, both are in a fight for their lives. Truth be told, iPhone has never dominated...at least in the U.S. - iPhone only had ONE carrier and ONE manufacturer. Its simple math. Android has ALL the carriers worldwide and all the major manufacturers are Android suppliers. What iphone has is a strong community of fanatics... in high places... and they lie... a lot, LOL

15. Blkjk13

Blkjk13 Lurker

Android came out only a year after the first iPhone. We aren't talking about apple. We are talking about the iPhone 4 and iOS.

16. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

iphone reminds me of communism. we only have one phone for you to buy. Where as android has so many phones to be tailored to your needs. Wether it be a powerhouse phone or a low end phone. I like more choices when I am looking for a phone. Instead of heres the phone take it or leave it like apple is.

17. Nijiiro

Nijiiro Member

Yep, that's exactly why I love Android. I feel that Apple are complacent and somewhat arrogant not to offer any choice.

18. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert

My DHD is waaay better than the iP4 - and I've compared them. Also, the iP4's 3.5 inch screen feels cramped compared to the 4.3 on my device. :D

19. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

The bias towards Apple products in the media/industry is still very strong, an Android device would have to be better in every single specification to get noticed, just being better in most aspects just doesn

20. ari-free

ari-free Android Expert

The iPhone is the result of years and years of work: the iPod, Mac os X, NEXT, the original mac and the original Apple computer that the Steve's built in their garage.
    Google never made an OS before. Android devs came from Danger and Be inc, 2 companies that produced OS's but never really made it. It's remarkable that Android is flourishing and dominating when so many other alternative OS's have tried and failed.

jroc likes this.
  21. ari-free

ari-free Android Expert

Drhyde likes this.
  22. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast

im getting turned off from the iphone just because i see old people like grandmas using it and i dont want a phone that old people use it makes me look like some inept old person like those noobs

23. LoyalServant

hahaha what?

I have seen old people use Android devices so I guess that means you will move on to Blackberries?

24. darklide

darklide Android Enthusiast

Guys Phandroid is a bot that automatically grabs news articles from a RSS.

25. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Android Expert

Yeah so that people on the forums can discuss the articles on the news site.