1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General iPhone 4s vs HTC Rezound- pros-cons?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheXFactor, Jan 1, 2012.

1. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    S.C.
    Hey, anyone here who owns the Rezound or thinking of the Rezound have second thoughts about the iPhone 4s?

I came from the iPhone 4 to the Rezound. I had the Moto DX before the iPhone. I hated the DX. I jailbroke the iPhone. I enjoyed it, but I really disliked the screen size. So I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the subject.

Advertisement

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    No flash capabilities, no 4G, iTunes prices higher than Android Market prices, and iTunes Store censorship are enough to keep the iPhone out of contention for me.

Oh and...

[​IMG]

3. TheXFactor

None

Aug 1, 2010
    S.C.
    Not having Flash isn't a deal breaker for me. Neither is iTunes. Verizons 4G network is a joke right now. Having a jailbroken iDevice, priceless.

Next..............

4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

Are you trolling or are you actually hoping for a discussion?

xMoKax and finn5975 like this.
  5. TheXFactor

None

Aug 1, 2010
    S.C.
    Trolling? You kidding me? I have the Rezound.

I was hoping for an intelligent discussion until I saw that image you posted...:rolleyes:

EricDra7en likes this.
  6. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    No.. absolutely not interested in the 4s at all....

bye :)

7. RottnJP

RottnJP Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    CT, USA
    Nope.

Next..........

8. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 18, 2010
    R&D Technician
    Pampa, Tx

This statement tells me your trolling. Root your Rez or go back to the iphone. Whatever makes you happier.

9. TheXFactor

None

Aug 1, 2010
    S.C.
    Couldn't be further than the truth.

10. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    No, he's not trolling... he's our android friend (from his other posts/messages) Don't unfriend him :)

EarlyMon likes this.
  11. TheXFactor

None

Aug 1, 2010
    S.C.
    I was kinda hoping someone who used the 4s could give some feedback. I used the 4 and never upgraded to iOS 5.

I really like the Rezound, but you can't tell me with a straight face some of you haven't had second thoughts or haven't wondered about owning a different smart phone before your return period is up. Jezzzz, get attacked at the mention of the iFruit device...

12. EricDra7en

EricDra7en Guest
    None
    Some of you guys are worse than hipster iZombies. If the iPhone was so inferior, it wouldn't have the numbers it has. Not everyone who owns and likes iphones is wrong. Like questioning pros and cons is just SO ridiculous.

Ive been using the 4s for a few weeks now. I'm reserving my decision on iPhone 4s vs Rezound until the last minute before my exchange is up because it's such a hard decision to me. I come from using an Incredible for 2 years, and I LOVE the Rezound's keyboard (in every conceivable way), larger screen, and 4g. However, I happen to like iTunes. I have an enormous library of digital copies that come with blu rays, I like getting iTunes gift cards as gifts, and there are a lot of apps I like that aren't available on Android - and I don't regret admitting it one bit. I'm debating on how important those apps are to me and wether or not to wait until the 4g battery-suck gets sorted out, but the Rezound is pretty amazing and I don't want to be without 4g for 2 more years either. I may wait for an Incredible 3.

Of course, ultimately, these are questions you have to ask yourself.

EarlyMon and TheXFactor like this.
  13. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member
    None

Dec 26, 2009
    I have a Rezound, my wife has the 4S... Both are nice.. But IMO, I think the Rezound wins pretty easily.. Iphone just works great... Its simple, but effective.. People love them.. Not sure why people here have to act all stupid when someone asks a question about the IPHONE!!

To answer your question. I think the Rezound wins pretty easily.. I have had a Galaxy Nexus, traded it in on the Rezound. There are too many problems with that phone and it is not something I wanted to get stuck with the next couple of years. I am very familiar with my wifes 4S. I'm just going to say it like this.. Other than maybe battery life, the Rezound wins in almost every category.... I have found an app equivalent to on each of the Markets. I think I can get music easier and I've really just started using Google Music, which I think is going to come in VERY handy.

Just my .02 Hope it helps you with your decision

14. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Houston
    My wife wanted an iPhone for Christmas and I've been comparing it to my Rez. The screen on the Rez is every bit as good as the iPhone pixel wise and actually looks a little brighter to me. Most of the apps look really good on the the Rez, but the app for MyNetDiary actually resizes down the the same size as the iPhone screen. I guess it matches the resolution?

I really like the way both phones feel (without cases) so that is a wash.

For me the big difference is the 4g, I makes the Rez rock (and I have unlimited from my T-bolt days.). So far my battery life on the Rez has been great. I made it through a day of NFL redone with 40% to spare.

I have an iPad and a touch and actually like the Apple ecosystem. I'll take another look at the iPhone when they go to 4g if they increase the screen size at the same time.

FWIW
    DLM

15. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    The only thing I like about the iPhone is the form factor. They are very nice looking. They are nice cell phones for some people. My reason for never even considering one is, iTunes, I have a third generation iPod touch and installing my CD collection took forever! I never did learn how to manage my music the way I want to. I also don't use my computer much so it adds to the hassle. Locked down ui, I don't want to have to jailbreak my device just to personalize it. The app market for Apple is often more expensive and there is no alternative. The battery can't be removed. The screen is too small. The proprietary charging port. I have tons of micro USB cables and if I didn't they're dirt cheap. No sd for expandable memory. The list goes on. Not bashing the iPhone it's just not for me.

16. iHuman

iHuman Member
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    You're asking this question...on an android forums. Yeah, the answers definitely won't be biased.

As for the people who are just dismissing the pro-iOS side, you guys are no better than iOS fans in doing that. If you're going to say you're better than so-called i***s than act like it.

17. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2011
    After reading the post I don't think anyone was intentionally trolling just the intent behind statement misunderstood. I can tell you that TxGoat post humorous pics with most of his responses. It just looks like you mistook that for hostility is all. Anyway, to answer your question I started out with evey intention of getting the new iphone but when I compared it to the ReZound it was a no brainer for me. I am not big on flashing kernals and roms but I am big on having the option should I want to. Between that and the beautiful 4.3 screen, beats audio, expandable memory(I load my SD cards up fast with movies, photos, music and such) being able to get a spare/extended battery, tons of free apps on the marketplace, plus free ibeats earbuds...just AWESOME IMHO. I can honestly tell you I in no way shape or form have had a second thought about my purchase. There is nothing wrong with the iphone it's a good dependable and proven phone but I do think they made a big miscalculation by not increasing the screen size and as simple as it sounds by not changing the appearance even a little. Whether you or I like it or hate it there are a lot of people who buy a NEW iphone for what they feel it represents to others and if you can't tell the new one from the old one then to them what's the point in getting it. I have little doubt that when the iphone 5 comes out it will address all these issues and more. I don't think the iphone will ever be looked at as it once was though, as the undisputed king of all smartphones. That time has passed.

18. jbird720

jbird720 Member
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    I had the iPhone 4s for 2 weeks before returning it. Hated the fact that all my apps from android now costs $$$. To many push notifications even when disabled. Also if a app was to big I had to use wifi.
    Lack of Widgets, primarily a Calender.
    So then I got the SGN. By that time my wife had decided to get the 4S. And she was relentless when my new super phone was sucking in every which way! Almost to the point where I was thinking I should've stuck with a more stable phone (4S).
    Thankfully for this forum, and all the positive comments and reviews! Id bounce from the Nexus forum to the Rezound group, and was amazed the difference in post! nexus; sad and heartbroken. rezound group happy and elated!
    loving the Rezound! Soooo glad I mad the switch!

19. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

I posted that image because if I am not mistaken, you've posted some other threads that the mods locked down because they felt that you were trolling. If I recall you posted the "I got a Rezound for Xmas but want to trade for an iPhone" as well as a "I got a Gnex for Xmas but want to trade for an iPhone". My apologies if I am mistaken but if those were your threads then apparently the Mods also thought you were being trollish or they wouldn't have locked them.

I posted why I think the Rezound beats the iPhone based on what I want a phone to do. If you don't want a phone with 4G speeds then the iPhone is a phone to consider. I have seen 3 to 4 4G outages so while Verizon's 4G network isn't perfect, it's also not "a joke". I owned an iPhone for a year and had to spend more money on iTunes that I have on the Android market and I even have more apps now on my Android than I did with my iPhone.

The reasons I went Android over iPhone are my reasons. You can dismiss the reasons if you like. I didn't buy this phone for anyone but myself. Troll all you like. I'm perfectly happy with my phone.

20. Blackthanos

Blackthanos Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2011

Dude I laughed my a$$ off when I got to this part of your post..lol. You have my sympathy followed by a big welcome to the relatively worry free ReZound family. Tell the Mrs. to put that in her pipe and smoke it..lol.

21. finn5975

finn5975 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    Male
    Tax Analyst
    Illinois
    I had every version of the iphone through the 4S. I prefer the Rezound because of the larger screen without sacrificing resolution, comparable camera, and customization. I just finally got bored with the iPhone if that makes sense. I've yet to flash roms, root, etc. But those options are there. What I do like are animated wallpapers, custom layouts, and being able to replace anything from the gallery, to the keyboard, to the message app. I like the full control to make my phone my own.
    I also like not being tied to iTunes. Ran into numerous headaches with that. I LOVED the iphone. I took off of work for the last three unveilings. Had my own iphone fb group to help others. Me and that phone were known hand in hand. I just got bored and 4S didn't raise the bar for me. Screen is too small, siri is gimicky, and there's no customization. Just my two cents. I loved the 4S, but I wouldn't give up my Rezound for it.

Kc2win likes this.
  22. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    You realize that this is completely illogical reasoning? You might aswell say "if lady GaGa was so inferior she wouldn't sell so many records". Google "appeal to popularity fallacy". The iPhone is inferior because it is 6 months to a year behind the day it comes out. The resound is most likely better than the iPhone5 let alone the 4s.

Ios is one size fits all, while android customizable. If I want to I can fill my home screens with icons and have Google search all the way to the left, i cam make my phone look and behave like an iphone if i so choose while iPhone users cannot set their phone up like I want it, that is the major difference, android can do EVERYTHING ios can do but the reverse is not true.

23. TheXFactor

None

Aug 1, 2010
    S.C.
    TxGoat, Yea, whatever...

But don't some of you guys have this deep down feeling that we all just part of the big-bad 4G experiment? And even though some of you despise Apple (just as I am sure lots of iOS people despise android), they are very methodical in their ways. They have to have some very large and important reasons why they chose to keep the 4s a 3G only device.

Now I can see some of that reasoning. Most of us can say this is an exciting time for smart phones. But apparently after the last 3 outages, I can see the writing on the wall. It's not reliable, the 3G->4G->3G handoff is somewhat cumbersome and it can be a real battery life experience (in a bad sort of way).

Hardware-wise I've always felt that the iPhone is the best built device. Solid. Screen, gorgeous. Some of the android devices (in particular the samsung GN) feel like a plastic toy. The Rezound I feel is one of the better built android phones. I don't like the lack of a notification light on the iPhone. I hate the screen size on the iPhone (plus 1 for the Rezound).

On the software end I feel that sometimes what takes one or two clicks in iOS, takes 4 or 5 clicks in android. I do not like the way Apple controls some of the OS and the way everything has to be run thru iTunes. Like ringtones and notifications. What a pain in the butt (I know the work-arounds, but it's still a joke). No app for missed calls, missed emails......But the most disappointing thing about android is that all these phones, they all have a different version of android. I'm not sure what that's called, but it kinda sucks. The last 3 high end phones released by Verizon, only one has the latest.

I really like sense and I find ICS to be quite boring. There are a few apps I couldn't find on the android side to match what I had in iOS. And in the end, I have no desire to root or unlock the bootloader on the Rezound. I did my stuff with the iPhone and I'm not going there anymore. I like some of the freedom I have with the Rezound, but wish I had more.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw these few things out there of what I thought about the situation, as I approach the last 2 weeks before I have to either return or keep the Rezound.

24. EricDra7en

EricDra7en Guest
    None
    That's absolutely absurd. You're only proving my point by refusing to admit that people's opinions are ALL valid, not just Android users. Your Gaga reference makes no sense to me, but I liken the iPhone situation to Green Day - more specifically the fact that there are actually people out there who liked them until they started selling albums and finding success , then they just "sucked" for no reason. You're convinced that nobody could possibly like iPhones just because they LIKE them. Not everyone buys an iphone because theyre "cool". Whether or not it's inferior depends on what matters to each user. And, you're actually saying the Rezound is better than a phone that nobody knows anything about yet. That's the most troll-ish post yet. You clearly didn't have anything to contribute to the question asked by someone who isn't an anti-Apple elitist. This is just as stupid as iZombies thinking they're cooler than you are.

25. Kane5581

Kane5581 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Basic logic 101 is absurd huh? I said "most likely" better than the iPhone 5 based on the fact that there has been a superior phone out atleast 6 months before the release of every iPhone so far. When I say superior I mean in every objectively measurably way, not subjective things like aesthetics or logical fallacies like popularity. I don't think I am cooler than anyone and I think the iPhone is great, just like I think a Audi A6 is a great car, its just not a V10 R8, more people own the A6, and I am sure it fits most of them far better than the R8, but it IS slower, handles worse, etc. I own an Audi A6 BTW and have no problem admitting that there are MANY superior vehicles out there, but they usually cost more, unlike the phones.

Tags: