• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone (AT&T) to Verizon (DroidX)

I've never switched carriers or moved phone numbers around (been on AT&T for years)... I'm moving from AT&T (iPhone 3GS) to Verizon (DroidX)... I plan on ordering online and setting up new service, etc to avoid the stores, rebates, and get my corp discount on accessories.

Will I have an option to move my phone # over from AT&T to Verizon? I haven't cancelled anything with AT&T Yet (actually swapped with my wife's old RAZR, so she'll get the iPhone and I'll cancel the RAZR on ATT).

Wade

Actually, as you're going through the purchase process online, you will be asked if you're porting in an existing number from another carrier, or if you need to be assigned a new number.

Before hand DO NOT cancel your AT&T number, the line has to be active to port it to another carrier. If you cancel beforehand, your number goes away and you can't port it in. AT&T will understand what's happening when they hear from VZW :p

I hope you love your Droid X! My cousin has been drooling over my Droid Inc but was sure he was going to move from iphone 3 to iphone 4 until he heard about the DX!

Reactions: SuperW2
Upvote 0
Actually, as you're going through the purchase process online, you will be asked if you're porting in an existing number from another carrier, or if you need to be assigned a new number.

Before hand DO NOT cancel your AT&T number, the line has to be active to port it to another carrier. If you cancel beforehand, your number goes away and you can't port it in. AT&T will understand what's happening when they hear from VZW :p

I hope you love your Droid X! My cousin has been drooling over my Droid Inc but was sure he was going to move from iphone 3 to iphone 4 until he heard about the DX!

Thanks, I had to spend an hour on the phone with ATT to get my phones switched so the iPhone is now my wife and her old pink RAZR in my #, which is the one that will get ported and that line shut off with ATT... ugg, what a pain in the butt...will be glad to give Verizon a try...

Sw2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones