• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone for Metropcs

I was reading about this on a different forum and would like to know what you guys think. Can we buy any phone and convert it to a Metropcs phone?

The process for flashing an iphone to Metro PCS is NOT illegal, nor is it as nefarious as everyone here is making it out to be. First thing you need to do, is get your ESN added to the Metro database. This can be done, by contacting one of the dealers who advertise this service on Howard Forums. Then, just dial *22804 from your iPhone, and say "Roaming List" at the prompt. Once your roaming list is updated, hang up and dial *228 from the iPhone, and say "change my phone" at the prompt....follow the directions and wait for the OTA to complete. VOILA!!! iPhone on Metro....no data as of yet, so your iphone is more like and iPod touch with talk and text capabilities...have fun.

Most ESN moves are nefarious and illegal.

There is a narrow claim on the web that moving an ESN from one phone, that you own, to another is not illegal.

I highly recommend that all interested _read_ this thread, especially the link I provide at the end.

http://androidforums.com/verizon/151151-scam-warning-clean-esn-myth-why-you-shouldnt-buy-used-phone.html

We don't come down against ESN shifting for no apparent reason. ;)

I am open to debate on this, but only with those who have read that thread and the detailed discussion found at the link in my last post there.

Hope this helps, cheers! :)

Upvote 0
Is it worth it if there's no web access ?

That happens when you don't shift ESNs, simply getting the iPhone ESN read in as a phone in service on another carrier network and claim, via a database trick, that you are eligible for voice only roaming away from your other carrier, unless I am very much mistaken. Don't think I am though.

In that case, the user hasn't violated any ESN laws. That's just simple, old fashioned fraud.

Upvote 0
Yes if its a android you can put web and yes they will accept it
I was on a website that was selling phones from other carriers and said they have been flashed to metropcs. My question is can you use a phone from verizon that has been flashed to metropcs to connect to the internet or is it just for text and talk? Here is the link metroPCS phones
Also will a Metropcs store accept the phone and put it on a plan for me?

Reactions: LGconnect
Upvote 0
Yes if its a android you can put web and yes they will accept it

If you can use any phone from any carrier then why don't more people do this? I assume most people buy metropcs phone because I don't hear anyone talking about their flashed phones. I have the LG Connect and it's a good phone though the battery sucks but there are alot better phones out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones