• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help iphone headphones and mic don't work?

my iphone headphones only work for music and other sounds, but when i make calls i can't talk with the mic? the other person can't hear me but i can hear them good. anybody know how to get this pos working?

The iPhone headphones are only meant for apple devices. Other makers adhere to standards. Apple is notorious for purposely making non compliant hardware just so people have to buy their stuff for their devices. Try a headphone+mic device meant for non apple devices.

Upvote 0
The iPhone headphones are only meant for apple devices. Other makers adhere to standards. Apple is notorious for purposely making non compliant hardware just so people have to buy their stuff for their devices. Try a headphone+mic device meant for non apple devices.

The pair of iPhone ear buds I have works. Maybe OP's buds have a short in the mic?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones