1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

iPhone headphones work on HTC Hero...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dook, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Dook

Dook Member

Oct 7, 2009
    So I was just popping down to the post-office and quickly grabbed my iPhone earbuds on the way out. I know these 'headphones' are bad sounding but I don't like walking around the streets with my massive Sennheisers!! Plus I hadn't bothered to open my HTC buds as yet.

For a laugh I thought I'd just see if the mic button would work and to my surprise it does!! Here's what I found:

* Start playback of music = single press
    * Pause music = single press
    * Auto-redial of last number called = double press (while music is playing or not!)
    * Cancel call before it is picked up = press and hold (if music was playing previously it will resume)
    * Put current call on hold = single press
    * Resume call = single press
    * End call = single press

You have to do the double press quite quickly for it to work properly.

Anyone else notice this too??

ps. as you can tell I was previously an iPhone user up until yesterday!!

Advertisement

2. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Gloucestershire, ENG
    hurrah for the converted..! :)

I suspect it uses exactly the same control functions as the HTC remote, and certainly uses the same 3.5mm 3 stage connection.

Can't say I'd bother using either the official HTC or iPhone sets as they are both incredibly uncomfortable. I wonder if the better apple headphones work as well? They are far more comfortable, but about

3. ndall

ndall Member

Sep 6, 2009
    I'd noticed that pause/play worked with my ipod shuffle earphones. Shame the volume buttons don't.

Tags: