1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Iphone S6 Plus - A1699 Octa core, 2GB Ram Hardware Question

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by raghavsood999, Dec 8, 2015.

1. raghavsood999

raghavsood999 Newbie

Does anyone know what GPU this iPhone clone has got?

As far as I know it has the MTK6592 CPU which is the octa core cpu with speed of 2.5GHz and 2GB of DDR3 SDRam. However I am not sure about the GPU. The GPU is definitely not the apple a9 since this is a fake replica. It runs ios 9.0 and also android latest version.

The icons look like iPhone but os isn't ios too. Its has got fake appstore or a cracked version of google play.

I think the OS is mocked or something.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

It's either the Mali-450 or the Adreno 320 (I found one link which says that). I'd be more inclined to say it's the Mali.

It also has a clock speed considerably lower than 2.5GHz, most devices it comes with run at 1.7GHz, but Mediatek claim it can reach 2GHz.

What do you mean by a cracked version of Google Play?

#2 El Presidente, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Slug and Hadron like this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I agree completely that the OS is mocked-up. There is no way it is really running iOS of any sort - it'll just be Android that's been hacked to tell you it is iOS.

I also second El Pres: the more reliable sites I've looked at say Mali 450, and MTK processors generally use Mali GPUs.

Slug and El Presidente like this.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

MediaTek itself states that the cores are "capable of clock speeds up to 2GHz", but production samples are most commonly clocked at 1.7/1.8GHz.

The 6592 has a Mali 450 GPU, as stated previously. Other variants of the 65xx family utilising the ARM big.LITTLE architecture use PowerVR dual-cluster GPUs.

Hadron and El Presidente like this.