1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

iPhone slowing down verizon network?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by sam007, Feb 19, 2011.

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Folks

I'm in the NYC area and have been noticing web sites load slower and video streaming take much longer as well over the last week. Is anybody else noticing this and if so, I'm guessing it's because of the potential big uptake of iphone additions to the network.

Advertisement

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

I doubt it, it doesn't sound like the iPhone is selling a ton on Verizon yet, doesn't seem like enough have sold to start compromising the network.

3. itisjustme

itisjustme Member

Earlier in the week I was having network connectivity problems in areas where I never had an issue in the past. This was happening Monday and Tuesday, I don't think the slowness and connectivity issues are due to high use or iphone users but I do suspect it has more to do with the complex compression schemes and caching that vzw has put into place to squeeze more bandwidth out of their system. I do think we are all going to suffer some consequenses as VZW users die to this new complex scheme.

4. gruss

gruss Android Expert

yeah before the iphone even launched here data was horrible then it slowly got better and better and is now back to where it was before. Actually there were more data outages when the DX launched than the iphone.

5. Taylored

Taylored Android Enthusiast

my service is actually a little faster, if anything.

6. Since the release of the Iphone I have had problems getting the internet to work, and some of the apps that use the internet work really slow. Also my phone has been having more problems trying to call people. I have had to restart my phone a lot!

7. subaruzi

subaruzi Member

I am noticing same thing as above poster

8. 3devious

3devious Android Expert

Actually, I've had a better 3G exprience in NW Washington, DC.