• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone slowing down verizon network?

sam007

Jun 26, 2010
Folks

I'm in the NYC area and have been noticing web sites load slower and video streaming take much longer as well over the last week. Is anybody else noticing this and if so, I'm guessing it's because of the potential big uptake of iphone additions to the network.

Earlier in the week I was having network connectivity problems in areas where I never had an issue in the past. This was happening Monday and Tuesday, I don't think the slowness and connectivity issues are due to high use or iphone users but I do suspect it has more to do with the complex compression schemes and caching that vzw has put into place to squeeze more bandwidth out of their system. I do think we are all going to suffer some consequenses as VZW users die to this new complex scheme.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones