• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone sounds on an Android

Neopopulas

Lurker
Jan 4, 2012
Hey everybody, I'm a recent (reluctant) convert from the iphone. I recently got the Galaxy S II and its a hard argument against the massive improvement over the 3G3.

However, there are a few little things that i'm still struggling with (the total lack of anything close to itunes being one of them but i really don't want to get into a fight with anyone). Currently my biggest problem is my favorite sounds are now gone. There are basically two sounds i want to be able to get on my new Android. The "Old Phone" ringtone, and the "Klaxon" alarm sound.

Now, i know that you can just copy them straight from Explorer (windows) to your droid, which is fine. But i have no way of getting those sounds. I've searched high and low, there was an app that had all the sounds (apparently) but it has been removed and i can't find a replacement for it anywhere. That would probably be the easiest way.

I have hear people talk about Zedge, which i have, but it has hundreds of thousands of tones in it, and its taking forever to check through each one that has the right title.

TL;DR: I'm looking for the Old Phone ringtone and the Klaxon sort of alarm sound - but i'd love to fine other iphone sounds as well.

Thanks for any help.

Hey everybody, I'm a recent (reluctant) convert from the iphone. I recently got the Galaxy S II and its a hard argument against the massive improvement over the 3G3.

However, there are a few little things that i'm still struggling with (the total lack of anything close to itunes being one of them but i really don't want to get into a fight with anyone). Currently my biggest problem is my favorite sounds are now gone. There are basically two sounds i want to be able to get on my new Android. The "Old Phone" ringtone, and the "Klaxon" alarm sound.

Now, i know that you can just copy them straight from Explorer (windows) to your droid, which is fine. But i have no way of getting those sounds. I've searched high and low, there was an app that had all the sounds (apparently) but it has been removed and i can't find a replacement for it anywhere. That would probably be the easiest way.

I have hear people talk about Zedge, which i have, but it has hundreds of thousands of tones in it, and its taking forever to check through each one that has the right title.

TL;DR: I'm looking for the Old Phone ringtone and the Klaxon sort of alarm sound - but i'd love to fine other iphone sounds as well.

Thanks for any help.

I found mine with the myxer app. search and download right to your ringtone and notifications files on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones