• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help iPhone to Andriod migration without cloud or iTunes

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, as the title states...
How do I get all my iPhone stuff, contacts and Notes, and (what else?) to my new Nexus 5x?

I don't use the Mac Cloud, I don't use drive, and I don't use iTunes.

Any thoughts or help with this?

Is there an app that can do it all local(non cloud based)?

Doubt a way exists without those. It's also dependent on what you want tk transfer. Data transfer without using any form of cloud between the same apps on 2 devices is unlikely. Contacts can probably be copied over manually or sent over via 'share contact' function. The problem here lies mainly in that Apple uses a closed system. Hence an iTunes backup file is the best bet usually to transfer over SOME contents.

Upvote 0
Think the main things might be your contacts, photos, videos and probably music. iOS apps you won't be able to transfer to Android of course, as it's a different OS. Photos and your videos are easy, music you can use something like Senuti, to get the songs from the iPhone. And contacts, I think the iPhone can export them as standard VCF data. And Android can import that. You will need a computer.

If your messages are stored in iMessage, and you want to copy them. Have no idea, possibly it can't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, this is helpful, limited, but helpful. :) Thanks...
Yes I have computers.
I already got the photos and video files I have taken.
Senuti for music sounds like something I should really try(I have more music content on another iPod device as well).
VCF would work for contacts as well.

How can I make all my contacts VCF in some automated manner?

I have over 7000+ contacts, and a bunch of duplicates the iOS kept on creating, so I should have 3000 or 4000 contacts in reality, but many dupes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones