1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support iPhone users can't receive my saved pictures or gifs

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by tylerjames87, Jan 4, 2015.

1. tylerjames87

tylerjames87 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    I have a minor, but annoying issue. Any of my friends who are using iPhones (which, unfortunately, is most of them), can't open my pictures or gifs that I send. Now, they can view pictures I take with my camera, but, for instance, if I searched for an image on Google, held down on the image, saved it, and then sent it to an iPhone user, they say it doesn't work. If I look in the text and click on the image I sent, it will ask which application I want to use to open the image. If it was a picture I took on my camera, it would open automatically without asking which application I want to use. As far as gifs are concerned, I save them the same way from a website and they don't work when sent. I will say too, there are some websites with pictures that have a 'Download' function over just holding/saving, and those work when sent. All of the users are on Verizon like I am so I don't think it's a carrier issue. I can view any pictures/gifs they send me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

lovedroidsyo likes this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I send pictures like that to my Verizon / iPhone relatives using Textra. No problem.

Set the maximum image size to 1 MB and Textra will handle the rest.

3. tylerjames87

tylerjames87 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    Thank you. That seems to have solved the image issue from what I can tell so far. I'm still having trouble with gifs though. If you don't mind, go to www.giphy.com. When I save any gif on there (under 1MB) and go to my gallery to look at it, I just get a broken image icon. That site directs you to just hold on the image and save, which I did, but the problem persists.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
  5. tylerjames87

tylerjames87 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    Hm. I downloaded QuickPic and even with that when I save gifs they just show up as a grey box in the gallery and don't open up. Even when I tried saving that first gif you sent it didn't save properly with either gallery. I'm baffled. Thanks for the help you could give me.

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I haven't seen the problem in a long time but I have seen some browsers have trouble saving things.

I use Dolphin - so if you try it with that you ought to mostly have my setup all the way around.

Do you have a file manager installed? I use X-plore, that SpongeBob gif is around 221 kB.

Btw - the X-plore image viewer shows it properly for me as well.

7. tylerjames87

tylerjames87 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    I was using Chrome. Just for kicks I downloaded Dolphin and then downloaded that same Spongebob gif and it worked. I also downloaded X-plore because no, I didn't have a file manager. After looking at some of the gifs that hadn't worked in the past in X-plore it looks like it was most likely because they were bigger than 1MB. Thanks for all of your help!

EarlyMon likes this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA