• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone4 owner leaning toward the switch

KDUBOSE81

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
Hello everyone, I currently have an iPhone4, and I have been reading up on the Android network. I've only been researching for a couple of day, and I've read lots of interesting Android capabilities that Apple doesn't offer! I have a quick question for anyone who wouldn't mind answering for me... Is there an Android app that will allowe to lock the GPS location of a Motorola Atrix as that of my PC's personal home WiFi connection?

Welcome to the AndroidForums, KDUBOSE81.

I think what you are asking about is tethering your PC to your phone to serve as its wi-fi hotspot? (although I don't really get how the GPS would be related, so maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking...?).

If you are asking about the wi-fi / hotspot thing, then the answer is yes if your carrier supports / sells a wi-fi hotspot feature / service. There are "other" methods, but we refrain from discussing them here so as to not be seen as aiding folks in subverting their carrier's contracts.

Cheers and let us know if you get an Android device...there's lots of great ones out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones