1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Iphoto to and From HTC inspire

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by caraj, Mar 6, 2011.

1. caraj

caraj Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Hello All

I just switched my families Iphone 4's to the new HTC Inspire phones and so far they are great.

I am simply trying to sync my iphotos to the HTC phones (including iphotos folders/albums) and my 10 hours of research has led me to the following apps

the missing sync
    Sync Mate
    Double Twist

I am willing to purchase the app as long as I know it works

I tried Double twist..it allows me to click and drag the photos but it just copies them to the HTC phone in one big folder. It does not recognize the folders on the phone. I need to copy over the albums/folders on iphoto to the phone

The other 2 apps, have really bad reviews and I am reluctant to pay the $40 if they don't work.

Any other suggestions for apps or solutions?
    If there is no current solution that is fine also... I just would like to know so I can stop searching

Thanks

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    To make sure I understand, what you want to do is copy individual albums/folders over to your HTC phone correct? Why not just hook the phones up and create the albums/subfolders on your own then drag the items over to copy.

3. caraj

caraj Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Hey thanks for the reply. Yes I would like to just drag photo albums/folders from iphoto into my HTC.

I created the folders on on the phone, but I am having no luck using double twist to drag folders or photos into my phone. The app does not even see my phone folders

Should I not be using this app?, should I use something else on my Mac?

Thanks!

4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Actually i'm behind a mac now lol...After I set up the folders albums I wanted on the phone, I found it easier to set up the same folders under pictures and used the finder to just drag and drop as my copy method.

5. caraj

caraj Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Hi
    Are you just in the iPhoto app on your Mac doing this? And your able to drag drop an entire folder to the phone? I don't mind drag drop as long as it's the entire folder And not individual photos

Thanks

6. Howdie!

None

Feb 25, 2011
    Can't you open the folder (in iPhoto), do a 'Select All', and then drag everything in one go to the folder on your phone?

If you plan to copy all your iPhoto images to your phone you had better have a BIG SDcard in it!

7. caraj

caraj Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    ok thanks guys

I see iphoto is not recognizing the sd card on the phone but I got it to work by selecting/clicking photos in iphoto and going to finder browse to the sd card on the phone and then click paste..

A little cumbersome but it works..

thanks

8. Howdie!

None

Feb 25, 2011
    Connecting via a USB cable, doing a 'Select All' in iPhoto of the photos you want on your phone, and dragging everything in one go to the folder on your phone (on your PC's desktop)* seems a lot less cumbersome to me.

*and then grab a beer, or two, because it is going to take a while to copy hundreds or even thousands of photos over USB1!