• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help iPlayer app no longer works after ICS upgrade

davoid

Android Expert
Aug 3, 2011
London
I'm kind of posting this on behalf of a friend. When her phone was connected to my PC via the Sony PC Companion software, we were informed that there was a firmware update available, and I suggested that she should go for it because ICS is much better than Gingerbread. But after taking my advice she can no longer use her iPlayer app. And she makes me feel like I've screwed up her phone. :(

I side-loaded Flashplayer, but it still doesn't work.

Has anyone else had iplayer issues after the ICS upgrade, and know of a solution?

She's even told me she's thinking of reporting her handbag stolen so she can get a new phone because she wants the functionality back...

I really feel bad about advising her to upgrade now. How come this phone is the only one with this problem, Sony? :mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones