1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

iPlayer is unwatchable!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DragonQ, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DragonQ

DragonQ Lurker

Before I got this phone every review and forum post that mentioned iPlayer said it played flawlessly but for me, this is far from true. I have the latest firmware, latest Flash version and an unrooted phone. This is what I get:

iPlayer App: Videos stutter all the time, like the phone isn't powerful enough to play the video. Every now and then it'll be smooth for a second or so.

iPlayer Website via default browser: Videos play great but the audio is out of sync with the video (audio is about a second too late).

iPlayer Website via Firefox: iPlayer website says my phone isn't compatible.

What am I doing wrong? There's no problem with the internet connection (100 Mbps down & up; iPlayer works fine on my desktop & laptop all using same WiFi connection) so why can I not get smooth iPlayer playback on my phone? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

whats your 3G signal like etc, iplayer works fine for me no problems and i don't have super fast wifi have you tried using it outdoors?

3. DragonQ

DragonQ Lurker

I can usually get H or H+ around my university room but the official app and the website (via default browser) only work via WiFi anyway. If I try to play over 3G/H I get "please connect to WiFi to play this video" or similar.

4. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

iPlayer App's not working no my SGS2 or Transformer, I gave up on it weeks ago, I just use the website now which works fine for me.

ITVPlayer App is just as bad, I miss MyPlayer. :(

5. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

v strange as mine is fine there may be interference etc if your in university dorms maybe the bandwidth is been eaten up by lots of other users I would say its not a phone issue

6. DragonQ

DragonQ Lurker

I know you quoted Shocky but it sounds like you're talking to me so I'll reply...

There is nothing wrong with the connection. No-one is here during the summer, these are the speeds I'm getting right now on my desktop:

[​IMG]

And here's the result for the phone:

[​IMG]

Since the connection is clearly fast enough and the site also works fine on my desktop and laptop, surely it must be a phone software or hardware issue?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews