• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Iplayer Not Working

williamj1

Android Enthusiast
Sep 11, 2010
UK
Ok so recently, infact for about 5 months or so i've been using bbc iplayer in androids browser without any problems . 2 Days ago, they did some kind of update to the site, which now has a new click to play button. When I click this, nothing happens so I now cannot watch anything on my phone on the website. I'm wondering if this is my rom (eMiui) or if this is a problem for everyone?

Thanks

Ok so recently, infact for about 5 months or so i've been using bbc iplayer in androids browser without any problems . 2 Days ago, they did some kind of update to the site, which now has a new click to play button. When I click this, nothing happens so I now cannot watch anything on my phone on the website. I'm wondering if this is my rom (eMiui) or if this is a problem for everyone?

Thanks
Hi dont worry about bbc iplayer try this app its got more channels and is better quality and its free, its great! Go to market, search " TV Flash " its got all bbc includeing hd and for HTV/ITV same search " my player" its good allso, hope this helps!!!

Upvote 0
I find the picture freezes on full screen but there is sound, try hitting play, if it goes into fullscreen hit back and double tap the flash player on the screen and it will zoom it to full screen, works for me.

I am however using the stock rom so it may be different for me

when you double tap its not techincally 'full screen' just resized...there IS a problem with the latest 2 RUU updates with iplayer and other flash videos not playing in landscape/fullscreen but allowing sound.

there IS a work around though...you have to have the phone in portrait mode first, THEN hit the fullscreen button on the flash/video panel while its playing it will then go fullscreen and work fine....im not sure why there is an issue with it playing fullscreen straight from landscape browsing...and I only found the work around by accident as well..

but it does work that way...its just a lil annoying to remember to turn it to portrait every time to then swing it back to landscape lol

Upvote 0
I find the picture freezes on full screen but there is sound, try hitting play, if it goes into fullscreen hit back and double tap the flash player on the screen and it will zoom it to full screen, works for me.

I am however using the stock rom so it may be different for me

Yup thats a big problem with stock. Used to drive me nuts, but luckily the problem doesn't exist on the Miui Roms.

Update: I refreshed the plug in option, on and then off and it seemed to work. Also, iplayer seemed to revert back to the old layout.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones