1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support iplayer Problems.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ligbee, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ligbee

ligbee Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Fitter
    Batley United Kingdom
    Hello people,

Newbie here.

I've recently bought a Superpad III from Ebay UK

8GB
    Disc010
    2.2-20110529
    Flash 10.1 (supposedly)

When I try to watch iplayer the screen showing the programme is small to start off with, i know that you can zoom to sort this, however it's only displays the left half of the episode regardless of size. I've been down the agent? route and have the same result if watched on Dolphin or Skyfire 4 (been reading the topics on here all day!!).

Does anyone know how to sort this or is the the result of being thrifty when buying a tablet.

Many thanks

Lee.

Advertisement

2. tbod

tbod Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Hi,

I use BBC iPlayer with no problems for me but I seem to be the exception but, then again I use s0I's firmware rather than Tim's which may or may not have anything to do with it.

The provisos are:

• Don't click on the 'Full Screen' button, it screws things up, you can only watch as a window on the main screen.
    • If you switch away from the browser it will stop playing - annoying if you listen to the radio - and when you switch back the picture is replaced by a white screen. Reload the page and you get the picture back at the point it suspended.

By the way, I would not advise using SkyFire as they intercept all your connections including https which opens you up to: MITM attacks, spoofing, identity theft etc.