• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPod device emulator for Android (car use)?

Fabione72

Lurker
Mar 18, 2012
Hi All,

Just wondering if someone is trying to implement a sort of "SW adapter" to enable the use of Android device on car music systems supporting iPod only.

Let me better explain:

If I connect iPod to my car audio through USB cable I can see Music information and album art on car computer system and (most important), I'm able to select songs by author, album, genres, etc.). :D

If I connect a USB disk-drive, I can only select last folder level (If I organized my music as authors/album, I can only select between a huge list of "album" folders, very annoying). :(

If I connect my android device, no matter how (music player, storage device, etc.), I just have "Unsupported device". :eek:

It would be nice to connect Android device by USB, emulating iPod connection protocol, being able to select music by car-audio system as I do with iPod.

OK, OK, I know that to play around such Apple stuff is really not the easiest thing on this world (it would probably be easier to infringe Coca Cola formula).
Just asking... :D

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone is trying to implement a sort of "SW adapter" to enable the use of Android device on car music systems supporting iPod only.

Let me better explain:

If I connect iPod to my car audio through USB cable I can see Music information and album art on car computer system and (most important), I'm able to select songs by author, album, genres, etc.). :D

If I connect a USB disk-drive, I can only select last folder level (If I organized my music as authors/album, I can only select between a huge list of "album" folders, very annoying). :(

If I connect my android device, no matter how (music player, storage device, etc.), I just have "Unsupported device". :eek:

It would be nice to connect Android device by USB, emulating iPod connection protocol, being able to select music by car-audio system as I do with iPod.

OK, OK, I know that to play around such Apple stuff is really not the easiest thing on this world (it would probably be easier to infringe Coca Cola formula).
Just asking... :D

I know this isn't the solution you're looking for, but have you tried looking at other stereos? There are Android compatible ones out now. I don't think you'll ever see what you are talking about implemented.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones