• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPod/Iphone Speaker/Charging Docks - Can you get a connector from ipod dock to HTC (mini usb)??

spenspuma

Sep 24, 2009
Okay, so i quite fancy getting a speaker dock for my HTC Desire. For 2 functions really, the main one is charging, but also so i can use it to listen to music without my headphones.

Now, most the decent docks appear to be geared towards the iPhone/iPod ( have been looking at them in electrical stores today) -and thus, where my HTC phone will sit there is obviously the huge wide iPod/iPhone connector which would fit into the base of the iphone - obviously with the hTC being a mini usb input, it wont fit.

So my question is....is there a small connector available somewhere that has the female ipod connection at one end and then the male mini usb the other so you can simply slip this on the male sticking out ipod connector at the base of these Speaker/CHarger docks and then put the HTC on top?

I know a lot of them do have AUX inputs which means yeah, i could connect it and listen through the speakers BUT, id like this to be a charging dock as well.

Ive searched Ebay but cant really find anything?

Am i the ONLY person in the world who has a HTC that wants a Speaker/Charger Dock?? surely not?

Blimey this is AMAZING....

How many hundreds of thousands of HTC Devices have been sold all over the world which all have MP3 players and i am the ONLY PERSON ever to want some sort of Dock/Speaker (just like the iPhone has THOUSANDS of to choose from)

Come on guys....surely theres GOT to be someone else who wants to use their HTC phone as an mp3 player?????

Upvote 0
Well, there are literally HUNDREDS of speakers that have 3.5mm input.

My problem is that i want a dock that has speakers for the HTC but also charges it while its in there...surely its something in demand or there wouldnt be hundreds of Iphone docks/speakers out there.

I think someones missing a trick here!! - theres a LOT of money to be made here if someone can manufacture one quickly before everyone jumps on the bandwagon

They won't charge the phone, but if you plug the phone in, then plug this into your phone, it'll have the same effect.

XMI X-mini II Mini Speaker

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones