1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General ipod touch to eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ExcessiveIdling, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Indiana
    Having recently purchased a droid eris in hopes to eliminate my need to carry around both my ipod touch and my dumbphone (lg dare without net) I now have an ipod touch that my fiance has been eyeing to upgrade from her creative zen vision m that is dying. Is there, that anyone knows of, a way to essentially setup and wipe clean the ipod touch of all MY settings and thus essentially give it to her as if new? (like a restore defaults? so its not associated with my itunes library?) Any assistance appreciated.

Another note....32gig memory card in eris....yes/no? or is it simply os limitation at this point?

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    Here you go iPod Touch Factory reset

on the 32gb card, i think the consensus is that it is a OS limitation. 16GB I think is known to work.

3. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    I was in the same boat as you, but I had an EnV. I think you use iTunes to restore it to factory settings.

4. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    IT Coordinator
    Pa
    I too came from a phone/touch combo, only mine was a Blackberry Curve/Touch combo. I know what you're thinking, the Blackberry Curve is a smart phone so why would you need a Touch? The web browser on the Blackberry is terrible. The Eris solved my problem and I never even pick up my Touch anymore. I use it as an mp3 player exclusively.

5. Lolo

Lolo New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    I dumped my BB Pearl and bought the Droid Eris yesterday. Can't figure out how to sync the Droid with my iTunes library so I can eliminate my iTouch. Any suggestions?

6. I recall reading about an app called double twist or some such.

Perhaps a search on that to begin with, or "sync eris with itunes."

7. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    download the app " easy phone tunes " on the android market :) thats what i use and it works excellent

8. incrediblenotinstock

May 31, 2010
  9. The dang things are in displays all over the cases, tables and walls of the store here in my town.

Where do you live, Afganistan? :D

10. incrediblenotinstock

May 31, 2010
    nah new york haha. cant seem to find it anywhere

11. Lolo

Lolo New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Thank you to 'incrediblenotinstock'! It worked! My entire iTunes library is now in my new Droid. Thanks again for the help.

12. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The Eris supports up to 32 GB cards (which is the limit of SDHC cards). But since they are microSD cards, they are really expensive. Last time I checked, they were around $150, since they are still pretty new. 16 GB cards, in comparison, are pretty cheap, and are around $50. 32 GB cards should fall in price in a few months, and the Eris comes with an 8 GB card, so if you can wait....