• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root IPV4 script Download :D

kristopher5823

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2012
Dahlonega, GA
Noticed the old download link didn't work anymore so i made a new one.
Download to sd card, with root explorer copy/move IPV4 script to /etc/init.d Mount r/w then paste. After you have pasted the script press and hold script and select permissions and check read,write,and execute for owner,group and others

Enjoy :D

Download :
IPV4 script
Edit:Fixed link

Reactions: wetbiker7
This is just a network script. 22citbun has this script in it but also has others that may slow down your phone. 22citbun is more of a all in one package type of thing. This script changes the buffers settings and other network things. Makes it more responsive. I use this script with miui and all the roms. Works great for me. Decreased ping and and raised upload and download speeds. Give it a shot if if it slows things down or makes things worse just delete it. No harm done. :D

Upvote 0
I tried the ipv4 script for a while but my download more than doubled when I deleted it

screenshot-1336448950087.png

I've been running a lot of tests and mods so I might try my hand at a script here soon

Upvote 0
OK I've got some real issues :(

Followed this TUT-
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/460182-1984kbps-speedtest-net-results-after-couple-tweaks.html

& enabled 4gv vocoder, tried two different sprint PRLs, did Build.prop tweaks, and IPV4 script.

Absolutely no difference!?

My Prevail has CM7 ROM
with P-A-Y-G plan & web add-on

I have 1xRTT most of the time (75%) Signal Strength= 84%+

If I reboot or refresh network with opensignalmaps I do get EVDO A for a little while; speed test (only when on 3G)-

7-23kbps DOWN, 23-41kbps UP :mad:

Tried 3G/4G speed optimizer
12/28/7; download speed increase
-No difference

PRLs tried 11115 & 60711

Question- do the Sprint prls give you better voice coverage/roaming yet restrict you to 2G data on Boost?

I note my PRL sometimes reads "default", but reads correct after reboot. Maybe Boost/Sprint recognizes phone and is throttling connection? Can you change PRL ID to appear as default?

Maybe it has to do with my P-A-Y-G plan; Boost might throttle P-A-Y-G to 2G with or without the daily web add-on? Is everyone else on the monthly unlimited plan; gotta be some HTC EVO uses on P-A-Y-G with same issue?

Greatly appreciate any help :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones