1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General IR Blaster not working??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by momo5, Dec 15, 2012.

1. momo5

momo5 Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Howdy! I've had my Galaxy 10.1 Tab 2 for about a month now. When I first got it, I had no idea it could be used to change channels on my TV. I went though the Peel apps setup and had it working in 5 minutes. I've been using it a decent amount since then, however, I tried to use it yesterday and it wouldnt work. No matter what channel I chose, it would not change to that channel. So I reset the app so I could reset everything up with my TV. This time though, I couldnt make it past the first step, which was to turn on the TV. BTW, I did go through all the codes. I decided to try and hook it up to my TV in the bedroom...its a different brand, but I still could not get it to turn on.

So I guess my question is....is there any way to test the IR blaster other than using a TV? If its defective I want to see about exchanging it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Male
    Driver of Insane
    Roosevelt, NY
    Hmmm You didn't indicate whether your firmware was updated or not. Seems to be a problem across other forums as well.

You also did not indicate the specifics of your device as well. Please update those specs so that others may be able to assist.:dontknow: