1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Irritating problem on htc desire

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Dinkyyy99, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Dinkyyy99

Dinkyyy99 Lurker

Hi everyone .i have an old htc desire that loses powe very quickly .after a few hours browsing the battery is flat

Ice resorted to just using the phone while it's plugged in charging
    The problem is it now redirects to a screen that says searching for GPS at regular intervals
    How to get rid of this irritation

Thanks for your attention

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

A screen that says searching for GPS sounds like some app in the foreground. So a long press on the home key to bring up the recent apps screen should show you what app it is (allowing you to disable or uninstall if it's something you don't use). Or press the menu key to see whether it has settings you can use to change its behaviour.

Without knowing what app this is I can't offer anything more specific (though if it's correlated with being plugged in maybe it's some navigation app).

TBH if you can get a few hours browsing out of a Desire on battery still you are doing ok. Even when new 3 hours with screen on was about what you could hoe for.

3. Dinkyyy99

Dinkyyy99 Lurker

Thanks for replying .im unsure if it's an app or my phones settings
    Here's two images of what pops up

Attached Files:

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

That kinda looks like a car mode app or something of the like. Maybe it thinks your charger is a car dock.

Hadron likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yes, I agree completely. Have you tried going into its settings to see if you can stop it starting automatically? Otherwise you can probably deal with it by disabling the HTC Car app (I always remove it from my ROM so don't have much experience with it).

Of course it should be able to tell the difference between a charger lead and a car dock, so something isn't connecting right. Have you tried a different cable?