1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is 1024x600 landscape an unusual resolution?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by yanb, Sep 16, 2021.

1. yanb

yanb Lurker

I have an android car audio system that runs at 1024x600. I have an odd issue where the bottom 10mm of the screen isnt responsive to touch across its entire width. I have downloaded a touch test tool and it shows no dead spots on the digitiser. When I use apps like play store, Spotify and sygic that slither of the screen never records touch if a button is pressed in that zone. Does anyone know how this can even be possible?? I'm stumped.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It may be the apps are not compatible with your unit

puppykickr and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I know 1024x600 was a fairly common screen res. in budget tablets for a while. Devices with things like Android 4 or 5. But I'm pretty sure tablets like that are no longer manufactured. So some current apps may not support 1024x600 landscape mode properly.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. yanb

yanb Lurker

Oh that doesn't sound promising.. I guess resolution is limited by the ability of what ever GPU it has so I wouldn't be able to reconfigure that even.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

1024x600 was the usual screen resolution when cheap netbooks were around, usually running Win XP or sometimes Ubuntu, And even then some PC software wouldn't display properly on them, with controls and things sometimes going off the bottom of the screen and couldn't be accessed.

#5 mikedt, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Dannydet likes this.