1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is 16GB a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kathayes, Feb 5, 2014.

1. kathayes

kathayes Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm thinking of getting the 16GB model. I don't really plan to store music or video on the tablet. Is 16GB a bad idea in this case? How much storage can be added via a media card?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    It really depends on what you intend to use it for. What takes up all the space is generally a combination of media (music, videos, pictures etc.) and large games. If you don't intend to use your Note for either of these, you should be fine but it will be a bit of a squeeze.

You can expand storage up to the size of currently available SDXC cards i.e. 64GB and this can be used for media storage but not always application storage.

3. racer12306

racer12306 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    MD
    I haven't purchase a Note 10.1 yet, but my work iPhone, personal Galaxy Note 2, former HTC Incredible 2, Toshiba Thrive, my wife's iPhone and iPad are all 16GB versions. I do not keep a lot of media on them. My wife takes pictures out the wazoo and we just had to delete 6 months of pictures off her phone so she could take more. I keep my music on my iPod Classic.

My next tablet will be a 16GB version. Plus if you really want space, go buy a 16 or 32 GB SD card for less than the difference between a 32 and 16GB tablet.