• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is 2.3 out for T-Mobile

wayneking

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
Hi Guys,

i am a new poster on this site, but have been an avid reader for quite a while and have found a lot of help and information here, one thing i have not found though is any information on whether the 2.3 gingerbread for xperia x10 has been released yet on t-mobile Uk.

I have tried to ring T-mobile customer service but they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. So would be very grateful if anyone could provide any information on if the update is out yet ( i have tried checking on seus but no joy) or any information on when it may be released for TMobile Uk

many thanks in advance

I too am waiting for T-Mobile's update.

If you look here:-

Xperia X10 2.3 Roll-out Map - Rollout started - xda-developers

you'll see whether or not it's available. My customization version is 1238-8324, and assume your's will be too. At the moment it's showing as not available.

Haven't heard anything as to when it will be out. I seem to recall that 2.1 came out about a month after Sony started the roll-out, so I'm assuming we won't get anything until next week at the earliest.

Upvote 0
Updated last night and have to say I'm very impressed. The phone seems so much more responsive. The main thing is that I can now run my apps from the SD card, so no more uninstalling apps just to install another one!

As far as I'm concerned, I now don't care if we don't get any more updates as the phone now does everything I need it do do.

Upvote 0
I'm also on T-Mobile. Upgraded software on my X10i to 2.3.3 through PC Companion last night. Have now lost half my contacts (from A to L and from U to Z), all messages (including those from when my daughter was born, a few months ago) and also lost all applications.

What the upgrade doesn't tell you is that it doesn't support the Backup and Restore feature (which has now disappeared from my phone.) I can't even find the previous backup file, which is only a couple of weeks old since I resisted upgrading software for quite a while. There is a third-party restore app available, but I can't get it to work with my phone.

Can't believe I wasn't given the info about the Restore before the upgrade. Am so upset, especially about the messages.

Really wish I hadn't bothered. If anyone has any ideas about how to restore the messages, I'd be glad to hear them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones