1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is a 2.3.3 to 2.3.5 update possible when available? 3 Questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by germmeetsworld, Nov 15, 2011.

1. germmeetsworld

None

Sep 5, 2011
    I'm thinking about SBFing my rooted x2 back to 2.3.3 from 2.3.4 because of the terrible battery indicator, and was just wondering if I would be able to update straight to 2.3.5 (or possibly ICS) when the update comes. I don't know why this wouldn't be possible, but I just wanted to make sure before I actually SBFed the phone.

I also was wondering if my phone would still be rooted after the SBF because of the maintain-root-through-any-update mod. Any thoughts?

On a different note, if I had the x2 bootstrap, the maintain-root-through-any-update mod, and MyBackup Root, could I just backup all my apps and the system (using MyBackup Root and the bootstrap, respectively), SBF, then restore the phone by downloading the bootstrap and MyBackup Root and restoring my apps/system? Would this get my back to where I was before, or would I have to manually download each one of my apps and lose all previous data that I had on them? I'm just wondering what's the easiest way to restore my phone back to the layout that I had before I SBFed.

Thanks for your answers to any of these 3 questions!!! I definitely appreciate it.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

No need to worry about it. ;) If it comes via OTA to 2.3.4 users and not to 2.3.3 users it's a simple matter of allowing the update on your 2.3.4 once unrooted (mixed reports on acquiring the OTA on a rooted device).

If you have to have 2.3.3, the OTA announcement to 2.3.5 will be your signal to put 2.3.4 in there if it does not come to your phone "naturally." :D

I unrooted last week, SBF back to stock 2.3.4. No biggie.. runs great and I have no issue with battery meter, etc.

3. coolpoete

coolpoete Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    Also if battery indicator is your only reason for going backwards may I suggest a battery widget of some kind. There were other issues with 2.3.3 but if you liked it better then that's up to you.