1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is a comparable/rootable replacement for zmax pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MustangLife, Sep 21, 2017.

1. MustangLife

MustangLife Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Well after a year I busted my screen at work. Phone repair companies want $75 plus parts to fix. Does ZTE make a rootable replacement phone in the zmax pro ballpark. Price and specs. I've only owned ZTE phones the last 4 years so that's why I'm asking here

Advertisement

2. RootBeerGuy

RootBeerGuy Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2017
    Nope sorry sir, the evil ZTE Corporation of today wants their budget and even mid-range smartphones to be as disposable as possible meaning that giving us root and unlocked bootloader capabilities would give these moderate quality devices much longer usefulness than intended. Just look at their mid-ranged Blade V8 Pro, it is totally locked down too and is probably stuck with Marshmallow 6.0.1 for the rest of its service life just like ZMP is. They have only given it one firmware update so far since its release back in late January of this year and that small update was way back in March.

They pretty much abandon all of their inexpensive handsets within a year and hope you will buy their somewhat of an upgrade successors which are released every year. The disposable mobil phone market is pretty profitable and ZTE knew that many years ago.

James L likes this.
  3. MustangLife

MustangLife Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    I haven't found much info on the Blade Zmax. A search showed this new phone would be a carrier device and not have a locked bootloader. The forum for that phone only has 3 threads so not many with their hands on it yet

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Quite frankly I don't think any current ZTE phone is root and mod friendly, ZTE like many manufacturers design them to be quite securely locked-down these days, likely because of the all the root exploit malware infected apps that's out there, especially in China where ZTE comes from of course. Want something you can root, mod and make it your own, get a Nexus, Pixel or OnePlus I think.

#4 mikedt, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    James L likes this.
  5. loonycgb2

loonycgb2 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2013
    Male
    CNC Machinist
    Houston, TX
    Why not a galaxy Note 3/4 for t-mobile. They go for 100-150 on ebay.

James L likes this.

ZTE Zmax Pro

ZTE Zmax Pro