• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Adreno 200 enough for gaming?

mohit9206

Feb 6, 2013
india
Help me here guys i want to know if Adreno 200 can handle high graphics games from Play Store and also if it can handle PS1 games through emulation with smooth fps? Am looking at a phone with 1 ghz Cortex A5 single core with Adreno 200 gpu. Will this be enough for smooth gaming?

Do you think the Galaxy Young/Xperia E can handle games or should i go for a local brand which has Mediatek MT6589 quad core cpu and powervr sgx541 gpu?

Both of those can't handle PS1 emulation. The cheapest brand new Samsung that can handle those properly would probably be the S3 mini or the SDuos.

And I don't recommend getting weird branded device. Id rather get an older model like an S2 or S Advance. They are cheap now.

Reactions: mohit9206
Upvote 0
That's gotta be wrong, I ran PS1 games smoothly on an 800mhz cheap tablet. Adreno 200 is bottom line if u want any type of gaming. Any real 3d gaming really should start at Adreno 205. Balance price with power, go for Snapdragon S4 (Adreno 225) for best performance

That would depend on the game. I doubt that your tablet can handle say, Chrono Cross or Fencer Musashi. Earlier games like Chrono Trigger and Crash bandicoot perhaps.

Upvote 0
Games tested: Tekken 3, Rainbow Six, Gran Turismo (lagged a bit with studders here and there, a lot)
Pretty much good performance. BTW I own the discs too :D

That would probably now fall under what the player himself consider playable. I know players who thinks 20fps is fine, and I know others who complains of slowness at anything below 50fps. An example would be me and a friend of mine who plays Skyrim on similar laptops. He's fine on 26fps on high settings, but I want it at around 40fps so I set it to medium.

In this scenario, best thing would be for people to check themselves if they can live with what they find.

Reactions: rbheromax
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones