1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is an eeepad/polaris compatible with most files?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chiko930, Apr 29, 2012.

1. chiko930

chiko930 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I am looking for a netbook to take backpacking with me but still need to do work on word, excel, powerpoint, publisher and paint. I hear the eeepad cannot use microsoft office and dont mind switching to polaris but am worried that I won be able to access some files and in turn, people without polaris will not be able to view mine? Can anyone tell me whether this will be a big issue and if so, how big of one? Even if there are occassional problems, they always seem to happen at the most important times!

Advertisement

2. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Polaris is good for viewing Microsoft Office files but not for making them-
    The spreadsheet program won't let you tab, enter, or use arrows, you have to tap the screen to change boxes every time.

The "presentation" (powerpoint) program views files fine, it's a pain to make them. It's fairly basic, and I'm not sure if it would read PPT 2010 files. Polaris doesn't have many options, such as opening password protected files, etc...

I love the Transformer but it can't do everything yet. A netbook would be cheaper and can do most the Transformer can, except GPS.