• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Android right for me?

Another way is to just buy your phones outright and you dont have to worry about losing your grandfather clause for unlimited LTE. Sure it may cost you more but you can get good deals on here for used phones and ebay.

Last I heard they was going to tiered plans was this summer. If they do this or not who knows as it was first suppose to be this spring but that is here and no tier plans.

For which phone. I look at it this way you already have an ipod touch. Which is an Iphone that just dont make calls. They use the same os for both.

I would suggest buying a Droid incredible as you can get them fairly cheap of like the $150 to $200 range and even though its over a year old this phone is still very usable. The rooting you can put gingerbread with sense 3.0 and this phone still flys. It has a huge following and the Devs are still putting out roms for this phone even with all the lte phones that are out. THis way you can play around with the phone and see if android is for you. THen you can save your upgrade for the phone you choose to have or save it and use the Dinc untill the one you like comes out. THeres the Iphone 5 thats coming out and more android phones coming. Just rememer there is always options for you.

Has the Incredible 2 been rooted yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones