1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is androiddrawer safe and legal?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by helios98, Jan 10, 2016.

1. helios98

helios98 Newbie

Hello i got an older device and i like to have older apps such as youtube, facebook, twitter, weather channel, and older version of free version of angry birds from android drawer i want to know if this is safe site and legal thank you for reading this and taking your time.

#1 helios98, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Can't comment on how safe it is, but I couldn't find any pirated apps there. If I'm looking for a previous version of an app, apk mirror is my site of choice. :)

dynomot and Mikestony like this.
  3. helios98

helios98 Newbie

I have used apk mirror before but it does not go far back as i would like. but is installing free google play .apk legal?

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you asking you if it's illegal to install apk files that don't come from Google?

5. helios98

helios98 Newbie

I mean sorry about not being clear. That is it illegal to install apps that are from the google play store but from 3rd party websites? Like apk mirror or android drawer

6. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

No google doesn't own third party apps and are not the only store that has them. So downloading and using apps offered at the google play store does not make them illegal.

7. helios98

helios98 Newbie

Ok thanks. One more questions is there a way to scan an .apk for malware?

8. Maq Bee

Maq Bee Newbie

3rd party has always advantages over its counterpart.Like some games are free where as we have to pay in google play store.