1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is any app information really saved when moved to sd card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ehamilton1256, May 15, 2011.

1. ehamilton1256

ehamilton1256 Lurker

I recently had to turn my htc evo in for repair. They told me that they would have to give me a new phone. So while I waited, I moved all my apps to the sd card (or so I thought). When I got the new phone, I had all my photos, but many of my contacts were missing and all the apps I had were gone. I am reloading my apps from amazon and android market, but will the information I had on the apps, like memo pad info and pocket password information, still be on the sd card?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

it depends on the app. most will save the data on the sd card. and when you move your apps to the sd card, the entire app is not moved on parts of it is moved to the sd card. parts of it is still stored in the internal memory. and as far as your contacts go if you have them saved as google then you are good to go because it is stored in the google cloud. however if it is under phone then you have lost them.

3. Yea, as you have found out, moving the app to the sd card doesnt actually "move" the whole app. It just moves some of the app's data. The only true way to backup apps is with Titanium Backup and root.

As for if your data will be there, as the above poster said, it depends on the app. Most apps will save files to the sd card, so you should be ok.

And your contacts should have been backed up to google. If they werent, go back to the sprintn store and tell them they screwed up and didnt transfer your contacts properly.

4. SCharger69

SCharger69 Lurker

Ok. So I moved a few games that I didnt want to have to rebuild my progress to my sd card before rebooting. They were the angry birds games and Plants vs. Zombies. Now that I have re-installed the angry birds games the data is still lost. Any way around this?

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately, no. not unless you root your phone. it will have to depend on the app.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews