1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is anybody NOT having issues with the JB update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmt9779, Mar 22, 2013.

?

Issues resulting from the JB update?

1. No issues after the update. My phone is still as smooth as it was with ICS.

42 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. Minor issues, but they're not keeping me awake at night, so I'll leave 'em alone for now.

23 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Major issues...But an FDR fixed most (or all) of 'em.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. My phone is trashed. FDR did nothing. I'm back to using a land line.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Arizona
    I have it set to go to the home screen after every outgoing call, and after every incoming call.

Advertisement

2. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

Jul 28, 2010
    Aircraft Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    No FDR needed but I keep my phone fairly clean.

Works better than it did before

3. DroidAbuser

DroidAbuser Member
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    Other than the Google Dialer sucking (when you use a BT device), JB upgrade is not bad. Yes, I did a FDR before anyone asks:)

4. djohio

djohio Lurker
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    If I do a FDR, will I lose my pictures on my phone?

5. zoxxo

zoxxo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    It's always a good idea to back up your memory (internal and sdcard) before you do something like an FDR on your phone. Generally you shouldn't have anything happen to your pictures. But that's why we backup to play it safe.

So the final word is no, your pictures should be fine...

djohio likes this.
  6. Ssith

Ssith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 28, 2011
    as long as you don't wipe internal data (i think that's what it's called) your pictures SHOULD stay put. at the same time, however, i'd STRONGLY recommend that you put pictures, docs, and things like that on the SD card, and occasionally back them up to your home PC if they're not sync'd to a cloud service.

personally, when i do a FDR, i dont' even leave the SD card in the phone. i throw a 2 gig that came with some phone i don't even remember in there just in case it does something stupid. but i'm a little paranoid about data loss, so... ymmv.

7. prismdroid

prismdroid Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Since the update my battery life is much worse. My battery used to last until I went to bed at night and now I have to recharge as soon as I get home from work. I am a light user, too. I did a factory reset and it did not help. Also it randomly reboots several times each day, which it never did before. And quite often the phone says there is no service in areas I have always had service before.

8. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Male
    You don't really want to know.
    Phoenix
    Get on a land line or another cell phone that is not the one that you are having the problems with and call Verizon Tech support. Tell them at the Tier 1 level that you have done all the trouble shooting steps that they would normally do and ask for a Tier 2 tech. Once you get that far, tell them the same thing. They will access your phone and see what's going on. The worst case scenario is that they will give you another MAXX. I would advise against it only because I went thru 2 Bionics and they switched me to the MAXX. Get the MAXX HD or something.

I'm still working on their Tier 2 tech side to get up to the MAXX HD mostly because of the lack of accessories that are offered online at Verizon or in the store. But I also don't want to go thru 2 or 3 MAXX phones. I'm having lag issues with mine and no matter what I do, safe mode, FDR, soft reset, nothing works to get rid of the lag totally. I love this phone but I just want it to work right without having to root it.

In the end just call Verizon and have them do what they do to try and fix it. The random reboot to me sounds like a reason to bump you to a different phone.

9. prismdroid

prismdroid Newbie
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Thanks. I will

10. zoxxo

zoxxo Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    So I'm curious, any luck getting your Maxx HD?

11. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    I never went to ICS from GB, but after many good reports about JB, I decided to go for it... first to ICS, then immediately to JB. NO FDR. Phone is very smooth, much better battery life..somehow it had been getting poor battery life with GB, I suspect due to weak 4G signal inside my house, but it is much better now with JB.

I had a few minor issues that have been already mentioned, end of call going to call log...fixed with On Call End, which I have been using for several years. Another issue, Sticky Widget... found another app that seems to work ok...FOX FI NOW WORKS with JB! Other than just getting used to a different interface, happy that I upgraded, with no hassle of FDR.

12. tactrix

tactrix Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2013
    After I upgraded to JB my camera starting giving me a "camera will not initialize" error, and I haven't been able to re-establish it at all. I've tried everything, soft reset, hard reset, programs that target the camera specifically, nothing has worked. I have a droid razr maxx btw.

13. mcoomer

mcoomer Member
    None

Oct 21, 2010
    Got one; it pays the bills
    Sammamish, WA
    Updated, FDR'd, and my phone runs well but it's definitely slower. Case in point. I keep my display on auto intensity and I can see the level steppping up and down as it changes. Before it was always a smooth transition. I have some apps are slower to start now as well. Run fine after they start but definitely slower coming up.

Mike