1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is anyone else having Wi-Fi issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miguel11691, Feb 13, 2016.

1. miguel11691

miguel11691 Lurker

I just got my nexus 5x from Amazon... Love the device nice and speedy... But there seems to be an issue where my Wi-Fi drops or my phone tells me there is no internet on Wi-Fi but I'm on my laptop and everything works fine... I'm on Android 6.0.1...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I haven't had any issues.

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I haven't had any issues in the three days I've had mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Mitch R.

Mitch R. On Probation

Do you have a router with 5 and 2.4GHz radios? Sometimes mine drops when I'm in the area of our house furthest from my router. It goes back and forth between the radios because the 5GHz is most likely losing signal.

svim and alfick3 like this.
  5. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

No issues here either. I've had no problem connecting to WiFi at home as well as in customers' offices, hotels, airports, you name it - in the UK, in various European countries and in the US.

Only things I can think are what Mitch suggests or that there's a hardware issue with the WiFi radio in your phone. May be worth contacting Google Support, see if they have anything to suggest - just make sure you back up everything on the phone first because the first thing they definitely will suggest is a full factory reset.

alfick3 likes this.
  6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Nexus 5X Forum

The Nexus 5X release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews