• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is anyone else hearing a high pitched sound on their Samsung Epic 4G after all these upgrades?

This problem is due to the "Voice Search" application getting stuck on. If you go to your setting, then applications, then all... find "Voice Search" at the bottom of the list, tap it and hit "force close". Then ringing will then go away.

EDIT: After performing the above, some people may need to also relaunch voice search (IE from the google voice search widget) and close it out properly.

Reactions: Keybeeetsss
Upvote 0
Had the same issue on my wife galaxy s3. We have the same phone and the same OS but it never happened on my phone. I almost thought her phone might be bad.

Finally I fixed by going to the settings, almost at the bottom of the page, go into Voice Commands, turn it off. Verified it works by calling the phone and let the alarm set off etc. the high pitch sound didn't come back again.

Disable the s voice in the application settings btw didnt work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones