• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anyone else STILL waiting for their Evo from Sprint???

You know this is why Apple are genius. One thing for sure is that if you order an iPhone directly through Apple.com or an Apple Store they treat you like a king. At all these other retail joints, you're just another shmoe.

Wow...I didnt get treated like a Queen???Which store? I was on waitlist at the apple store in huntington,ny 6/28-7/22 when i recived an email...So that was a good month then when i went to the store i the Queen had to wait in line for 1hr,So thats bs no one is treating anyone like a king or queen...Everyone is treated like crap it not like they are doing this on purpose they have more than they can handle...It just who would you rather have treat you bad...Sprint or Apple or Att.....Thats your choice.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I posted a link to walmarts section for the evo today and it showed no signs of being sold out, said ready to ship and everything so if i were you i would head over there, im not sure if its still in stock now but its better then nothing.

I Bought an evo from walmart lets talk.com.....On july 16th and i was told an eta of july 30..On july 30 they changed it to Aug 30....So i have been waiting for the phone for 2weeks now....
I also placed an order with wirefly on the 20th and they have no answer whatsoever its like your speaking with a robot....So i have been waiting for 2 weeks on both companies..Sprint doesnt have any and im a new customer..In the mean time im trying out the new iphone 4,which is not bad..So might end up keeping that 1...Is any1 still waiting for the evo??

Upvote 0
We bought one for my wife Sunday at Best Buy in Houston. They had quite a few black ones, only a couple white. They are out there, shipments are arriving nearly every day at retail outlets and Sprint stores. You need to call as they sell out faster than online inventorires are updated. But it only took me about 30 minutes to find some in Houston on Sunday when my wife's upgrade came available.

Upvote 0
Like many of you I've been on store evo lists for weeks, 7 weeks at one Sprint store. Sprint online always says none available to order.

Then I saw a post here about calling Sprint Customer Service and just ordering one. First they said buy from a local store. I explained how long I've been on lists and the "list-favoring" stores are doing. The CS rep said okay, I'll order it for you, but they are on backlog and it could be 10 days. I tried not to giggle since I've been on lists 5 x 10 days.

The good news: My UPS tracking number says it will arrive today (I paid the $12 for overnight shipping when I ordered). NOW GET THIS ... It has been only ** 4 days ** since I ordered it. :D

I wonder if it will be 2.1 or 2.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones