• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is anyone having weather animation issues w/ latest leak?

iflip

Mar 22, 2010
Well im on the new rom based on the latest leak. Everything is awesome but when I unlock the phone, and let the weather animation kick in for my personal entertainment, I get grey and white squares going across. I tried reflashing but still got the same issue. Is this bug a common one or am I just one of the unlucky bastards.

The last open gl fix I installed was for the live wallpapers. If theres more to install let me know. I have an open gl fix installed rt now. Weather animations are still quite annoying right about now.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Thats your problem. The open gl fix for lwp screws up weather animations, not sure why, just know it does. At this point, there are no other options to make both lwp and weather animations work. if you want to remove the weather animation and keep lwp, remove the HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk from your /system/apps folder. not sure how to get rid of the openGL fix right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones