• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is anyone still running 2.3.13??

Im still running this version of Froyo and Im loving it. Im deodexed with a little bit of build.prop I got from someone on an XDA thread.

I compared my phone to a coworker who has OTA. He was all stock. No apps even. And my phone loaded sites and the Market 3x faster than his.

ive been skeptic about p3s 2.3.15 and especially the OTA esp since it upgrades the bootloader. So does TBH 2.3.15 upg the bootloader too??

im more than satisfied with my leak.
however, if anyone can justify why i should head over to either versions of the 2.3.15 ill do it. but otherwise im sticking with what i got.

please discuss.

Im still running this version of Froyo and Im loving it. Im deodexed with a little bit of build.prop I got from someone on an XDA thread.

I compared my phone to a coworker who has OTA. He was all stock. No apps even. And my phone loaded sites and the Market 3x faster than his.

ive been skeptic about p3s 2.3.15 and especially the OTA esp since it upgrades the bootloader. So does TBH 2.3.15 upg the bootloader too??

im more than satisfied with my leak.
however, if anyone can justify why i should head over to either versions of the 2.3.15 ill do it. but otherwise im sticking with what i got.

please discuss.

Bootloader stays the same. I had felt like you do, but got bored today and flashed .15. I think my phones running better than when I was at .13. IMHO.

Upvote 0
I'm on .13 and my phone is running almost perfectly and I'm quite happy with it. Rooted, deodexed, awesome theme, build prop. I think I'll stay here unless someone can come out with a really simple .15 install, like the nandroid I used for .13. That was super easy. Its nice to have all apps and data.

Upvote 0
PPFFFF... Screw Moto and their BS OTA... I went through TBH.. I followed instructions and it could not have gone smoother. Went to TBH app, dwnld' .15, rebooted into recovery, wiped data then cache,mounted system, and installed from zip, then rebooted.

fair enough. so moris i remember you said it was smoother? can you elaborate and also does .15 come with spare parts and dev tools?? i found those EXTREMELY useful. (well actually just spare parts but to my understanding they correspond with one another).

and the process you took seems fairly easy. were you capable of keeping root?
and i doubt ill **** things up. but youll be able to SBF from that standpoint??

Upvote 0
fair enough. so moris i remember you said it was smoother? can you elaborate and also does .15 come with spare parts and dev tools?? i found those EXTREMELY useful. (well actually just spare parts but to my understanding they correspond with one another).

and the process you took seems fairly easy. were you capable of keeping root?
and i doubt ill **** things up. but youll be able to SBF from that standpoint??

Yes comes with spare parts and dev. Tools. I also kept root which was real nice. I see no lag, changes are snappy. No issues... For some reason on .13, I would get reboots when unlocking from sleep ocassionaly.

Upvote 0
Yes comes with spare parts and dev. Tools. I also kept root which was real nice. I see no lag, changes are snappy. No issues... For some reason on .13, I would get reboots when unlocking from sleep ocassionaly.

I have the same problem with .13, slide the phone to unlock, it hangs then reboots. Also had Kindle lock the phone up so bad I had to do a battery pull. Made me feel like I was back on my storm. Guess I'll buy TBH's app and give .15 a go.

Upvote 0
I'm on .13 and my phone is running almost perfectly and I'm quite happy with it. Rooted, deodexed, awesome theme, build prop. I think I'll stay here unless someone can come out with a really simple .15 install, like the nandroid I used for .13. That was super easy. Its nice to have all apps and data.

Here's the nandroid you've been looking for.

Just do a quick Advanced Restore and you'll be loving .15, I'm sure. I was reluctant to leave .13 behind too, but there's no excuse not to try it. With the nandroids, you can switch back and forth quickly and easily whenever you want.

Let us know how you like it.

Reactions: Justintoxicated
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones