1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Is Battery Left on crack?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by queenrocks77, Sep 30, 2010.

1. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Male
    I'm the President of the planet Neptune (don't ask
    Missouri.... It's south of Iowa
    Battery Left was the first thing I installed on my phone when I got it. My battery life has been terrible so I've been trying to track down the problem. I woke up today, unplugged my phone and didn't touch it for an hour. Battery Left says I have 70 percent left but the battery meter in the status bar showed full. I uninstalled battery left and installed Battstatt and it shows 90 percent (2 hours later). Anyone else have problems with battery left? I hope this fixes my battery problem.

Advertisement

2. RickB

RickB Active Member

Jun 21, 2010
    No issues here after doing a proper calibration of it. It is pretty accurate for me. Have you tried recalibrating?

3. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Male
    I'm the President of the planet Neptune (don't ask
    Missouri.... It's south of Iowa
    How do I do that?

4. Charge to 100% and then let it drain to shut-off. If you haven't done that then it's only calibrated from the top to where ever it was when you plugged it back in.

5. Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Java Developer
    you can view the accuracy of the widget by selecting it in the menu after clicking on the widget.

6. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    I use BL and I have at times seen it say 70% in the morning after going to bed with the battery fully charged. I didn't believe it and rebooted the phone, having BL then report 98%. So I'm not really sure of he problem, perhaps it's showing what it's predicting the battery should be after the time elapsed, not the actual level of the battery. But I still use it and am pretty happy with the results.

7. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Battery Left estimates based on historical usage as well. If you are a "light" user and then hammer the phone one day, BL won't even be in the ballpark. I used it for a while but it's really just another gadget to play with IMO. I'm better off with just looking at the stock "meter" which reads the actual battery rather than estimating. I know exactly where I am and if I need to find a charger or I'm good to go.