• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is "Beautiful Widgets" worth it??

Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio

Buying anything from the market will tie it to your Google account. So long as you use the same account, you can change phones even and it knows you've already bought it. You have an amount of time (24h? I can't remember) to evaluate it and get a refund if you don't like it.

It's funny isn't it, we happily pay several hundred pounds for a piece of cutting edge hardware, and then agonise for days over spending half the price of a pint on software for it. I'm doing the same currently over the lock-screen widget thing.

Upvote 0
I use it and like it a lot! The 'smaller' option is a 4x1 clock, weather and location widget. The thing I like most is it's ability to be personalised to any theme I use. I can change the text colour, the clock skin and the weather icons at any time to suit the wallpaper and dock icons I'm using. Orange dock, orange clock, simples! :)

The ONLY problem I've had with BW is that sometimes the location fails to update when I travel around. This happens when wi-fi is switched on but not connected to my router. Turn off wi-fi while at work and everything runs fine.

Upvote 0
Beautiful widgets gives you a clock and weather widget similar to the one you get with HTC sense on the desire and some toggle switches for gps, bluetooth etc, it was designed for those that do not have sense, but wanted the same look.

It has nearly 300 skins available for the clock and lots for the weather, that change how it looks. You can change how it works in settings and apply it in 2 sizes.

I use it as I am using LauncherPro as my Home, and cant have the HTC clock and weather widget.

I now prefer BW, as it can be customised to suit my wallpaper, docks, icons etc.

Yes, its worth the price.

Upvote 0
Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio

Buying anything from the market will tie it to your Google account. So long as you use the same account, you can change phones even and it knows you've already bought it. You have an amount of time (24h? I can't remember) to evaluate it and get a refund if you don't like it.

It's funny isn't it, we happily pay several hundred pounds for a piece of cutting edge hardware, and then agonise for days over spending half the price of a pint on software for it. I'm doing the same currently over the lock-screen widget thing.

I'm just like you. I've had my Desire for months but not bought software for it...

Until yesterday when I bought WidgetLocker. I have this piece of advice for you my friend; agonise no longer. It is sooo worth the money. My phone now feels transformed by that and LauncherPro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones